- 9 Posts
Using the SD card
Hi everybody :
I have a Dell Streak 7 Tablet. With a "brand new" 16 Gb SD card.
My main question is......how do I transfer .mp3 or .jpeg files from my PC to the
SD card on the Dell Strreak 7. I asked Dell about it, but didn't really get an answer.
Do I have to FORMAT the SD card first ?
Do I UNMOUNT the Internal Storage first ?
Do I have to have thes files already in the INTERNAL STORAGE first, in order to
move them to the SD External Storage ?
I've been trying to learn how to do these things, but (maybe because this is new
technology) I'm not finding any answers.
- 05-06-2012, 04:48 AM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Using the SD card
Prior to performing the following steps you should have SyncUp installed on your personal computer to allow for the transferring of information between your computer and the Dell Streak 7. (I am using a Dell Streak 7 with Android 2.2 ROM)
Choose the SyncUP on your PC download
Find it here ---> http://dellsyncup.nero.com/enu/download/
TRANSFERRING FILES FROM YOUR PC TO YOUR DELL STREAK 7's SD CARD
1. Connect the included USB cord to the tablet, then to your computer.
2. Tap Turn on USB storage.
3. On your computer, a Removable Disk window appears. Click Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer.
4. Click OK. To access files on the internal tablet storage, touch and drag the Status bar down to open the Notification screen and then tap USB connected. Tap Turn on USB storage and then OK.
5. On the computer, double-click the folder on the memory card where you wish to move or copy the music. (sdcard2)
6. Double-click the folder on the computer that contains the music you wish to move or copy.
7. Drag and drop the files from the folder on the computer to the folder on the memory card.
8. When you are finished, click the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the lower right hand corner of your computer screen.
9. Click Safely Remove USB Mass Storage Device.
The MP3 files have been transferred to DELL Streak 7, enjoy them now!
Access files on Dell Streak 7 SD card
You will first need to access your internal SD card -
To access your internal SD card:
- Locate your apps on your Dell Streak 7
- Look for the Quickoffice app
- [HL]If you do not have this app you will need to install it[/HL]
- If you have this app tap on it to open the app
- When Quickoffice opens, Tap on the Browse icon (located on the right)
- Tap on the SD Card icon
- This will allow you to browse files on the internal SD card
To access files on the external SD card locate the sdcard2 file in this list of files
- Tap the sdcard2 file to open this file
you now have access to your files saved on your external SD card!
- 06-02-2012, 11:44 AM #3
- 11-14-2013, 08:29 AM #4
- 3 Posts
Re: Using the SD card
u can download drop box from (www.dropbox.com) pur all your pictures there and then the same drop box you can access it from your pc cause it hase user name and a password when you sign up .so you will have all the photoes there ,then you can take them to any pc you want .I hope it will help