com.android.settings

manikmanik

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone.
I have a problem. I have Dell streak 7 and when I am trying to connect into Internet through Wife, and click on any possible connections, i got an error "process com.android.settings closed"
something like that. How can I fix it?

Healp please !

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just a couple of troubleshooting ideas:

Is your firmware up to date? Unfortunately,
the Dell Streak is not known for its reliability, and this issue might be an example of that. That said, I would make sure you have the latest updates, and that you have tried a hard reset/fresh start for this type of issue.

Are you using an OEM provided ROM, or a custom ROM from Cyanogen? There might be a more reliable custom ROM available.

Which 3rd party apps are installed? Task Managers, and any other types of apps that modify or control system settings/behaviour can cause more trouble than they are worth. I always recommend that users avoid them.

You might try going into the settings > apps screen and choosing the "clear data" option for the settings app. You will lose your existing settings, but it might me worth it.

Just before this happened, had you just turned the device on for the first time to set it up (aka out of the box)? Google offers to backup your system settings and apps (the program only) to their servers. This works okay if your next device is the same make and model as your first, but it can be problematic if it restores to a new device. I always recommend that users not use this option.

Had you done a restore from a 3rd party backup application? I have found that restoring from 3rd party backup software has caused issues like this, even when restoring to the same device. If you did do a restore, from a different device, things will not work properly. I personally feel that my time to troubleshoot restoration related issues has been better spent starting fresh.

If you continue to have problems, definitely try a factory reset.

Just a few ideas.

Cory

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs