Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Dell Streak 7 Charging port busted Woes. and FIX!

Just wanted to share my results... thanks OP!!! You helped save my tablet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dell Streak 7 Charging port busted Woes. and FIX!-img_20130213_153833.jpg   Dell Streak 7 Charging port busted Woes. and FIX!-img_20130213_153952.jpg   Dell Streak 7 Charging port busted Woes. and FIX!-2013-02-01-07.03.26.jpg  
    qrc

I used a sewing needle to replace the broken 5V USB power supply pin. A sewing needle is strong thus should last a while, and pointing which helps to engage with the plug pin. Also the needle can be soldered easily.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dell Streak 7 Charging port busted Woes. and FIX!-screenshot022.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Thanks for the pics of the power and data points to solder to. I am in the same boat. Ordered a dell streak 5 pin replacement and it doesn't fit right. This really helps. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing very useful informations.
    I need new battery for streak 7. You mentioned that you have it ordered.
    Can You suggest where to buy it?
    Did You succeed to buy new one or only used are available on e-buy?

Wanna dell streak 7 port of charger ,,because mine was broken>>>WHAT I CAN DO??
    Last edited by SHERIFKRAWYA; 05-14-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Anyone tried inductive charging? I tried and failed with an i phone 3 kit....not nouph amps. Anyone know of a solution that has more amps?

Ok guys i found an inductive charging system that works.. Its the powermat system for a blackberry curve . Ill post pics soon

James can you please post that fix!?

I have been having the same charging port problems. On a lark, I got a Dell Home Audio/Video dock for the Streak, and it worked! Charges fine, paid $20.00 for the dock.
    Thanked by:

hi im from Philippines.. and i have a problem with my dell streak 7. the charging port was broke where can i buy a replacement for it here in Phlippines... please help...

thanks;
    glorigail

Sorry top resurrect a very old thread, but has anyone else done this? Where are the connect points on the back side of the board (the photo of the back side doesn't show in the thread).

Thanks.

Hello @JohnnyPhantom, I don't know why but one of the pics with your miniusb port connection are broken, can U upload it once more time ?

Hey im so excited about your post. Any blackberry or a particular model? Do I need the powermat battery as well? I found some on ebay for $15 but I wanted to make sure I am understanding it all correctly. Not a techie just a mom trying to help her kud out. Thanks
    805-602-0535

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPhantom View Post

On the back above the cutout for the connection port there are 2 more circle mount points. the left being for the Data - (green wire) and the right being for the Data + (White Wire)
    Thanks for all your help so far. I'm about to get out the soldering iron! One question: The standard for USB cables is the green wire = Data+ and the white wire = Data-. This is opposite of what you stated. Could you please review your repair and let me know which terminal on the board is Data+ and Data-? thanks!

i'm new to this post could you please send pictures of how you did the inductive charge for the dell streak 7?

Sorry about reopening this thread. I am in the same situation. Broken pins in the Dell streak 7 charger port and trying to put in a micro USB. May I ask where and what to look for while buying the micro USB charger port.

Last edited by James Weigel; 10-11-2013 at 11:18 AM.

I used only the guts from back door panel. I will try and find the model I used. I then used part of the cover from the iphone charging system. It will make more sense once u see the photos. U will need the charging mat as well.

"hi im from Philippines.. and i have a problem with my dell streak 7. the charging port was broke where can i buy a replacement for it here in Phlippines... please help...

thanks;
    glorigail"

Dont bother...its too hard and expensive to replace the port with oem. Instead try one of the solutions posted here....good luck!
    Last edited by James Weigel; 10-11-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Gassler View Post
    Thanks for all your help so far. I'm about to get out the soldering iron! One question: The standard for USB cables is the green wire = Data+ and the white wire = Data-. This is opposite of what you stated. Could you please review your repair and let me know which terminal on the board is Data+ and Data-? thanks!
    I followed the ops directions using the photos and wad able to connect and communicate with a pc...

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by James Weigel; 10-11-2013 at 11:34 AM.

https://db.tt/TRbAjVIJ

I updated the photos!

Last edited by James Weigel; 10-14-2013 at 09:54 AM.

One question... Does the old charging port need to be removed? Or can I leave it there and go for soldering the new wires?

Quote Originally Posted by androiduser1a View Post
    One question... Does the old charging port need to be removed? Or can I leave it there and go for soldering the new wires?
    You can leave it there!

Thanks!
    I made some progress. Was able to solder the wires to the points and fully charge the unit !
    Then tried to put back the video and backlit cables on. The display flashed a white screen ?!

While trying to redo the cables for the above issue, broke the latch of the video cable and it does not stay in anymore. Struck at this stage. Any suggestions?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast