Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Dell Streak 7 Charging port busted Woes. and FIX!

i need dell streak 7 charging jack solution

this is a charging solutione????????????

YES... both ways work fine. the induction solution allows you to leave your oem port. the other solution i had to remove the port and replace with a standard USB plug. I could not find room in the housing to put it else where

yikes! maybe a dab of hot glue?

Quote Originally Posted by androiduser1a View Post
    Thanks!
    I made some progress. Was able to solder the wires to the points and fully charge the unit !
    Then tried to put back the video and backlit cables on. The display flashed a white screen ?!

While trying to redo the cables for the above issue, broke the latch of the video cable and it does not stay in anymore. Struck at this stage. Any suggestions?

Hi,

I have similar problem where I have few broken pin in charging socket in Dell Streak 5 mini mobile phone. Does the solution mentioned for Streak 7 to replace charging port with standard usb port will apply to my phone? I'll appreciate if you could share the procedure and photos of how to do it. I'm willing to replace the charging port with standard usb port since this is second time my charging port pins are broken and I'm unable to charge using dell charger until I have to remove the battery and charging it separately.

Thanks in advance!

This Mommy has exhausted all ideas, I have a Streak 7 that has the same prob. I guess you all call it 30 pin charging port. I have no skills or knowledge on how to even fix it. I don't own a soldering gun iron, oh what ever. lol. I really want to get it to work. I guess the kids tried to force the charger into the port and broke the pins so now for about a year its just been sitting around not charged. Can anyone help me out? Or where who can fix it.

I just found out that a USB charging port slot is selling for $199 on Ebay. HOLY MOLEY, ok mamma needs to learn how to do this jerry rigging. Need help. Thanks Everyone.

hi, the pic with the white and green cable doesnt show. can you please post it again?

could you send picture of the other side where the green and white wire go please

I have a streak 7 my kid killed the charging port on.

can you send me the link of where you got the part and any pictures that you might have taken on how to replace this part..

thank you for your time.

First of all thanks a lot for sharing this. I have been able to get my Dell Streak tablet to life with this. Earlier the original port that came with the tab was broken due to wear/tear, charging it was very difficult. It would charge only when the charging cable was connected partially and in a particular angle. After I read this, I went in for the 4 wire operation (!) and I have been able to get the 4 wires attached and put the device back. Since I am not so good with soldering, I tool the pictures from this forum to a mobile repair guy who was good enough to follow the instructions and help connect. So far so good!
    Now, when he was putting the whole thing back after soldering, I had a bit of doubt lurking in my mind --- did he solder the green and white wires to the right spot ( I think I showed him clearly but since he was sitting at his work station I could not physically verify) and secondly, he did run into some issues when trying to put it all back, esp since he had removed the motherboard too with the screws and had to put it all back. He did put it all back and the final ribbon connectors were slightly troublesome but he managed to get them ( though I think on the widest one in the center, he had to shove and push a bit and I had a feeling that it may have not gone in fully and correctly). Anyway, when it was all put back, it looked good and was charging and also powered on ... and so I thought it was a good job done and came home.
    Now I discovered an issue!!! --- while it charges well the tail that has been attached at the bottom with the USB port, works well, I am not able to get it to play any audio or video file. This includes any youtube video, songs, movie files etc. I tried few players from the Android PlayStore but none worked for playing the audio/video files. Also there is just NO sound!!! Not even through the headphones! So, I am left wondering what could be the issue. Can the ribbon connected not fully and properly seated cause such an issue. I am not able to find why. I then factory booted it .. put some update package which was suggested as some folks have encountered audio issues but that seems to be of unrelated cause.
    I am not an expert but have some basic electronics understanding and am baffled. Otherwise anything which does not require playing video/online video or any audio .. the tablet works fine.
    Any help/inputs will help. I can try to open it back and try to re-seat the ribbon cable if there is any suggestion that it may be cause but I wanted some guidance before opening it again!!
    Thanks again!!

Wanted to do the mini USB mod but not sure where the pins connect to the board... the posts here were quite vague.. bummer

Reread the thread and saw all pics.. going to try the blackberry solution.. thanx for posting

did you try with headphones?

dear JohnnyPhantom !
    Second photo is missed, please, send me !
    Thank you !
    Jasper

hi...do you write en spanish....puede decirme alguien como va la coneccion de los pines son cuatro colores verde, rojo, negro y blanco entiendo que el rojo es corriente y el negro es tierra y donde voy a conectar eso pero los otros dos blanco y verde en donde

Hi do you wrte spanish....me puedes indicar en que lugar va cada uno de los cuatro colores entiendo el rojo y el negro pero el blanco y verde que son de datos donde los coloco

lamentablemente hemos perdido la foto y el cartel original parece haber abandonado el hilo, as que no podemos decir dnde conectar los dos cables. Sin embargo, si slo se necesita para cargar y no transferir datos a travs de cable que usted est muy bien para conectar slo los cables de alimentacin

sir johnny phantom.
    can you send me a picture where you put those green and white wire.
    thanks.

Hello, JohnnyPhantom. I would like a picture posted of the green and white wire solder points on back of the Dell Streak 7 Motherboard. If you could do this I would much appreciate it. Thank You.

Hi, I have replied to the post about replacing the Dell Streak 7 charging power connector with a micro usb connector and ask that a picture be posted of the green + , and white- solder points on the back of the motherboard. I read your post and was wondering in you could shed light on where those solder points are located. I have everything ready to go soldered a micro usb breakout box glued in and just need to solder the green and white wire to the board. If you have a picture that would be appreciated.

Guys thanks for ideas here my version of my Mod
    Only problem I have is when power on an connected to PC it does show charging in Android but the charge light is lit.

When connected to ac charger and power on it shows charging in Android. Might need 1 more wire connected to enable charge status with PC. But I have it charging and detected by PC I'm happy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dell Streak 7 Charging port busted Woes. and FIX!-usbmod.jpg   Dell Streak 7 Charging port busted Woes. and FIX!-usbmod2.jpg   Dell Streak 7 Charging port busted Woes. and FIX!-usbmod3.jpg   Dell Streak 7 Charging port busted Woes. and FIX!-usbmod4.jpg   Dell Streak 7 Charging port busted Woes. and FIX!-usbmod5.jpg  

Thanked by:

Interested in your step-by-step fix - my wife's Streak 7 won't charge because of the charging port issue inside the tablet and Dell says they no longer support it for repair. Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by dj_mix View Post
    Guys thanks for ideas here my version of my Mod
    Only problem I have is when power on an connected to PC it does show charging in Android but the charge light is lit.

When connected to ac charger and power on it shows charging in Android. Might need 1 more wire connected to enable charge status with PC. But I have it charging and detected by PC I'm happy.
    Hi bro, so, if i put thelittle cablesasi it in your pict, at the same ports, i'll be DATA AND CHARGING fully working? Got some troubles with the Green and white cable... Hpe youcan helpme..Thanx for you time

Hi, bro i was reading you post and i get noticd that the picturewhere you show the thata conections is gonne, can you send it to me? You can send it to me by facebook "Mach GC" please my streak is dead because the bad connector...

Please help me!..
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123