Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Honeycomb coming to Streak 7 Info

I just watched a really interesting two part review of the Dell Streak 7 from CNET. The guy doing the review said that the Dell Stage interface on the 7 is the same as that on the Streak 5. He mentioned that Dell most likely didn't want to put forth alot of development effort in the interface because (and he is presuming) they will be sending the Honeycomb update to the 7. That, in my opinion, makes total sense. Any thoughts?

Bob C.

ROM
    Ginger bread

If thats the case, then ill get the streak 7 with honeycomb lol....$200 & $25 data seems fair.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Here is the link to part 1 of the video review I referred to.

Bob C.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

When it was originally announced, the Dell guy doing it said it was getting Honeycomb.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That's good to hear.

ROM
    Ginger bread

I wanna hear that from Michael Dell lol....

I was at T-Mobile yesterday and he said that it would be getting a update from Dell soon.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    ROM
    custom StreakDroid ROM

Notice that the Streak 7 did not follow the Streak 5 on ATT. I'm curious if the delay in getting the official FroYo update caused them to move to TMo. If they want timely updates (ie: honeycomb) then they probably didn't want the hassle and delays that ATT caused.
    mellojoe
    the one, the only

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

A road map had the release date I think, look it up in some if the previous Androidcentral articles.

Sent from my Nexus S
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

We first need a working recovery! Need help here! @binarybishop is working on it! Folklore him on twitter!

From my CM7 urban themed Glacier

not sure if this is the right form to post this in but is it possible to root a streak 7 and have an app that allows me to run win 7, been searching all over the net and came up empty on information. I want to have access to my home pc from the streak 7.

Whatever came of the Streak 7 getting Honeycomb? Was it all just a load being spewed by Dell and ignorant cell phone salesman trying to get customers?