cybersud

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I just bought one of these and agree with all the comments about how great it is. Really like using it.

However, I have a question about cases. I bought the Dell Folio case. On the plus side, it is thin and simple. However, Mine doesn't seem to "latch" closed (but it does "latch" open) and I don't really like the way the back is unprotected. Doesn't seem to do a lot.

Has anyone tried any of the other cases / folios?

thanks,

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for some cases to pop up on Amazon. I've heard some bad things about the folio case Dell has.

Posted via the Android Central App

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Gotten the case yet? How'd it work out?

Has anyone else had luck with a case?

jrb7561

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Received this case from Amazon. To all buyers purchasing cases on Amazon. Please be warned if the pictures show another tablet. I should have known better as the ads showed what looked like a galaxy tab. This case is completely very different from the photos. Not to say it's a bad case. It's just a little bulkier than I would have liked. There are all these slots for cards and photos. Who puts that crap in a tablet case? Lol. But it gets the job done. Interesting rubber corner holders. No camera cut outs as expected. Faux leather feel. Give it a 6.5/7 out of ten.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 37480.jpg
    37480.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 224
  • 37479.jpg
    37479.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 37478.jpg
    37478.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 225

mrcleary

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Got this case today from amazon.

IVSO DELL Venue 8 7840 Case - Ultra Lightweight Dell Venue 8 7000 series 7804..

Great fit and adds very little bulk to the tablet. 3 small round cut-outs in the back for the camera, everything else is fully accessible. I'm very happy with this folio and would highly recommend it to anyone who needs a slim cover.

mrcleary

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Pictures attached

Attachments

• 19052.jpg
    19052.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 19165.jpg
    19165.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 19166.jpg
    19166.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 19167.jpg
    19167.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 19168.jpg
    19168.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 65

cybersud

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback. I got the IVSO case yesterday and really like it. It seems to provide real protection and doesn't bulk everything up.

There is a comment about the cover "lifting" a bit. That is actually interesting. There are magnets in the side of the case for holding it closed. (See the third picture above, those little silver lines are the magnets). Due to where the tablet buttons are, the magnets only go up about 2/3 of the side. There is nothing to pull that top corner down. That said, the magnets do keep it pulled closed and that lifting doesn't seem to be an isse. I think with use it will settle out.

I did return the Dell case. That wasn't useful at all.

dsw1519

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback. I got the IVSO case yesterday and really like it. It seems to provide real protection and doesn't bulk everything up.

There is a comment about the cover "lifting" a bit. That is actually interesting. There are magnets in the side of the case for holding it closed. (See the third picture above, those little silver lines are the magnets). Due to where the tablet buttons are, the magnets only go up about 2/3 of the side. There is nothing to pull that top corner down. That said, the magnets do keep it pulled closed and that lifting doesn't seem to be an isse. I think with use it will settle out.

I did return the Dell case. That wasn't useful at all.

Question regarding the IVSO case - Amazons shows a delivery date of 3/26 (more than 3 weeks from now). How long did it take for you to receive it once you ordered?

cybersud

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine also was there in 2 days (Prime) but I do have to say, you could still smell the glue in the case. It has since faded, but they are clearly shipping these as fast as they can

jrb7561

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I also picked up the IVSO case. It's much much better than the generic case I bought off amazon earlier. No comparing a case actually made specifically for your tablet versus a generic universal case. The IVSO keeps the tablet still looking slim. The other case made it a fat pig. Lol

Posted via Android Central App

dsw1519

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Just got my case on Friday. The order was placed 3/2/15, so 18 days to actually receive it. Quality is good and fits perfectly, though not quite as nice a the poetic case I have for my Note.

marlonbrando

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got a "VSTN" case from Amazon. I like it a lot. It's slim and seems well made (although it did have that strong glue odor that others have mentioned with other cases). The only thing that bugs me is that the cover opens opposite from a "book". If I have the bezel on the bottom, the "hinge" is on the right. That just seems wrong. Or am I crazy to think that the bezel is meant to be on the bottom?

Laualie

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
It was hard to tell what the cases would actually fit so I ordered two, they look to be exactly the same and fit really well. The hinge on the right must be due to the placement of power and volume buttons on the left - it allows you to prop the tablet in landscape and still have access to controls on top. Strange at first but I quickly got over it. For $10-12, these are hard to beat, light with minimal bulk. The added bit of real estate to the left side where the magnets are located actually gives a little something to grab onto when reading one handed.

ProCase SlimSnug Case for Dell Venue 8 7000 7840
IVSO DELL Venue 8 7840 Case