How can I get my Dell Venue 8 7840 to be detected by Windows 8.1, no driver available online?

A

AC Question

Dell Venue 8 7840 - Not detected by windows 8.1, no driver available online.

So I go to plug my tablet into the PC via USB and no tone, no detection, nothing. It does start charging, but no data connection to the PC at all, not on the USB devices list, no "Unknown Devices" showing up, etc. This tablet has connected with the PC successfully before. I've rebooted both the PC and the tablet just for kicks and no change in behavior.

Dell doesn't have a driver for this tablet, so what do I do?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Dell Venue 8 7840 - Not detected by windows 8.1, no driver available online.

So I go to plug my tablet into the PC via USB and no tone, no detection, nothing. It does start charging, but no data connection to the PC at all, not on the USB devices list, no "Unknown Devices" showing up, etc. This tablet has connected with the PC successfully before. I've rebooted both the PC and the tablet just for kicks and no change in behavior.

Dell doesn't have a driver for this tablet, so what do I do?

Have you tried using another cable?

jblues1969

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Dell Venue 8 7840 - Not detected by windows 8.1, no driver available online.

Sorry, this was my question. Posted to AC question b/c I was too lazy to log in.

Yes, I have tried several known working cables, and tried different USB ports on the PC. And made sure it's set up to be connected as a media device. And toggled between that and the Camera setting to see if that wakes up the port. No dice.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Sorry, this was my question. Posted to AC question b/c I was too lazy to log in.

Yes, I have tried several known working cables, and tried different USB ports on the PC. And made sure it's set up to be connected as a media device. And toggled between that and the Camera setting to see if that wakes up the port. No dice.

Have you ever been able to plug in to your computer? (sorry for the dumb question)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If it's connected successfully before and doesn't cause anything to happen when you connect it now, there's no data connection between the phone and the computer. If it gives you a notification that it's connected as an MTP device, it's connected to the computer. IOW, we're getting two mutually exclusive conditions here - it is connected and it isn't connected. There's something missing in your post.

gharika

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

If you don't have the device, you don't know what jblues is asking for. I am facing the same problem, the PC detects the device but unable to get any drivers on its own, Dell support has no drivers available for it. Try this:
themethodology dot net 2015 03 using-dell-venue-8-7000-for-android

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87