bad WiFi reception, drops depending on grip?

aed1980

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I returned 5 of these tablets while I was in the US, all had bad WiFi reception, and depending on the grip they drop connection to WiFi. Any of you guys had this problem? I'm travelling to NYC and I would like to give it another try since I loved it, what do you recommend ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I recommend that you try one in the store, gripping it where it had the problem before, and seeing if there's a problem. (If you have no other way, look at the wifi screen in Settings - in midtown NYC there should be pages of secure wifi signals wherever you go. If the weaker ones drop off [remember the scan interval is a few seconds, so grip it longer than that], you can assume that the problem hasn't been solved.)

LG and Samsung make nice tablets.

aed1980

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I tried in store, had the same problem! That's why I didn't keep it! Love amoled for watching movies , had the tab s, but really dislike touchwiz lag and battery life!!!

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine does a similar thing. Depending on where it's held, the wifi signal varies considerably. It hasn't completely dropped though

anon(9146492)

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Funny, I just recently started having occasional reception problems and couldn't figure out why. Maybe it is because I am holding it differently now? I love the tablet, but that was getting a little annoying. Glad you mentioned this.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech