Tremendous Tablet

Bossy573

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Seems like a shame this is kind of a niche product, or at least pretty unknown in the grand scheme of things. A fantastic piece of hardware which is an absolute pleasure to use. With 5.02 on there is is quick and it is beautiful to look at at. I use Nova Launcher and it looks the way I want it to look. I also use an iPad Air, and I would not look at the iPad if Google had the same app selection for tablets the iPad has. The Venue is a superior piece of hardware in just about every way. Hoping Google continues to make progress in that regard.

Anyway, if you are on the fence about an Android tablet - highly recommended.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that input. Hearing some good things about the Venue 10 as well. The overall tablet market seems to be losing steam in general, so that may be part of the reason why your model doesn't get a whole lot of press.

Bossy573

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that input. Hearing some good things about the Venue 10 as well. The overall tablet market seems to be losing steam in general, so that may be part of the reason why your model doesn't get a whole lot of press.

I suppose. I have a Note 4, and a tablet is kind of an auxiliary to that. But when the day is over, or when I'm on the road I like a bigger screen later in the day. And there are things a tablet does infinitely better than a phone: reading, movies, watching TV through my slingbox, games. I think on the Android side the lack of really good tablet apps and games really hampers the product sometimes - maybe that is why Android slates can't get serious traction. A shame because this Dell tablet is a phenomenal device. It has been a long time since I actually look forward to using a device like this one.

I do have a question to anyone who has the keyboard folio. Going to pick this up - any issues? How does it work? It looks like it has a cover which acts as a stand. Is the keyboard stand alone, or does it attach somehow?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2