Searching for my apps exact name doesn't pull it up first result. - Too Generic

Shabadage

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The question is as above, I type my apps direct name, and I'm about the 10th result. The game was globally released yesterday (24 hours ago), is this something that will be updated as the store rolls over it update period; or Is my name too generic?

It looks like it's to generic. Putting quotes around it brought up my game first thing. Although I just answered my own question I figured I'd share it here as somewhat of a warning to developers.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Also remember that your app will start 'climbing up' as downloads, reviews, and popularity increases. Searching for an un-quoted phrase yields results for all terms (i.e. searching for SMART REMOTE will search for apps with the terms Smart and apps with the term Remote in them, listing them by relevance and popularity on top). Quoted terms will search for apps that contain ALL terms. In some cases, your app can take a few days to even appear on the search list.

jmholland96

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Kinda wish it worked like Blackberry World where no matter what, new games get put in the New Arrivals section. Guess the amount of new games flooding in would be too great.

MunkeeBonez

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
It is definitely the most challenging aspect of being a developer new to the play store. What I love is the sheer volume of interesting things people are trying, but it is in fact a doubled edged sword. Its difficult to get noticed right away, and searches from my experience seem to take a couple days before properly indexing.

Initially with the live wallpapers I released the only way i could reliably get my apps to show was to search for my developer name "munkeebonez" as due to the spelling it was an unlikely keyword. over time that has changed and I am starting to get some organic traffic little by little. Patience is definitely key.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463