Why isn't my HTC One M8 touch screen responding to touch?

db-89

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
my 6week old m8 started acting up since i updated it. it was randomly activiating the screen when i was using it followed by the lower screen not responding last night leading to no touch responce from the screen in the end. has anyone else experienced this and have htc repaired phones with this problem. my phone has been sent back and i dont really want to hear the usual "water ingress" even though the phone hasnt seen any

derek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: htc one m8 touch screen problem

Welcome to Android Central! That kind of phenomenon (ghost or phantom touches) has been described on various devices. It's not always clear what causes it. Sometimes it happens while charging, which might be related to improper or faulty shielding of the power circuits that subsequently affects the touchscreen. Otherwise, it may just be a faulty touchscreen. Hopefully they fix it, or send you a replacement that doesn't give you any more problems!

Bgoh165

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
my 6week old m8 started acting up since i updated it. it was randomly activiating the screen when i was using it followed by the lower screen not responding last night leading to no touch responce from the screen in the end. has anyone else experienced this and have htc repaired phones with this problem. my phone has been sent back and i dont really want to hear the usual "water ingress" even though the phone hasnt seen any

derek

Hi I have a similar problem with my htc, the top of the screen and the left hand side of the screen both do not respond to any touch, I sent it off for repairs but because the dot view case breaks easily sometimes my phone had no case and got some tiny dints and scratches so they emailed me and said the warranty is void... They gave me the option of paying $300 to repair but honestly I really don't like the functionality of the phone, it lags, can't handle multitasking very smoothly, constantly performs actions in my pocket even on screen lock, battery heats up so much that it burns my hand. Its ridiculous.... Wish I got Samsung, but I really love the speaker sound of the m8... The call sound quality is a different story, very poor. In a couple of days I'll receive the phone back and try to sell it for parts if someone wants to buy it.
Good luck with your phone
Brian

Last edited by a moderator:

Pisoj

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi!
Did you fix your mobile phone? I have the same problem (top of the screen don't responde to any touch) and interesting how to fix it.

Thx

flica66

May 10, 2018
Visit site
one of my colleague has the same problem in HTC Phone, She tried to repair herself but can't fix, then she visited to a Repair shop, They just rebooted his phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith