Why does my 480x854 screen look like complete crap?

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
So I got a new phone, an HTC Desire 320, after my HTC One V died on me. Thing is, the screen looks like row-res. Like it literally looks like a buffering youtube video. It's supposed to be HD, beautiful, hi-res, and a step up from the One V (which is 480x800) but the colours look terrible, everything is blurry, and everything is pixelly. All of the reviews I read of the Desire 320 were amazing. Anyone know what the problem is or have experience with this phone? Everything looked amazing on my One V and it looks like a 2001 vintage phone picture on my brand new one. Defective? Should I exchange it for another one? Or is it just a garbage phone?

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
According to my research it has a screen resolution of 480 x 854, which isn't HD.

I used to own a Moto Defy before my current Nexus 4, which was running at the same resolution displaying 16.7 million colours. To me at the time it seemed perfectly fine. Going back afterward the screen felt way smaller than I'm now used to a while the resolution was a bit lower than I'm now accustomed to I still found it quite usable.

I'd say 480x854 @ 16.7m colours is the minimum acceptable display specification. This is something you'll find on budget phones these days.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
But the thing is, I'm literally looking at my old One V side-by-side with my new Desire 320. I have both of them on the same wallpaper. I have them on the same brightness. I have tried playing youtube videos, visiting websites, etc, and the Desire looks fuzzy and pixelly. They have almost IDENTICAL screen resolution and max colours, but the Desire looks horrible.

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
This makes no sense.

That resolution @ 16.7million colours should look reasonable.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49