Why is my monitor displaying frequency out of range error?

William Jergins

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for reading and trying to help. I have an RCA 10 Pro that I'm trying to plug into a monitor I bought at a thrift store. I bought a micro-hdmi to VGA adapter to do so, but when I plug it into the monitor I get a frequency out of range error. The monitor I'm using is an eMachines 500g.

The max resolution of the monitor is 1024 x 768 and it says it accepts both 50/60Hz, and I've tried both 720x576p_50Hz and 720x480p_60Hz hdmi outputs from my tablet. All the other outputs from my tablet exceed the max resolution of the monitor.

I plugged the monitor into an old dell computer to make sure it was working. It came on with the boot and said it was displaying 700X500 at 70Hz. I explored every option in the monitors menu and couldn't find a way to change the display mode or anything of that sort.

I also tried the tablet on a new monitor. This one just displayed no signal and I couldn't get it to do anything else.

I honestly can't think of anything else to try, but I'm definitely new to this. Thanks again for reading and any help you can provide.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Either the adapter is producing a very weird signal or the horizontal scan rate is out of range of the monitor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith