How do I stop the screen on my Motorola Atrix HD from turning off randomly?

FollowingChrist

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Motorola Atrix HD Turning Off Screen Randomly

Hi everyone,
I have, (or actually my dad), has a Motorola Atrix HD. He stored it in his back pocket for awhile and soon after started experiencing problems with the screen. The frames on these phones are very weak compared to Apple's (I am an Apple fan). I can flex the whole phone with my fingers with very little force. Anyhow, the phone began shutting off the screen at random when he was using it. Then you would have to hit the power button a varying number of times for the screen to turn on. He thought the phone was maybe just popped out of place and so tried to 'pop' it back into the right place. When he did this the screen got a few spots where the touch worked but the pixels where discolored or dead. I decided to tinker with it and replace the screen (fixing phones is kind of my hobby right now). I got a new screen and put it in. I turned on the phone and the screen is great. No dead or discolored pixels. But the power button still acts weird. When the screen comes on after hitting the power button a varying amount of times it will shut off the screen when it feels like it. I have done some playing around with it and have found that if I twist the phone in a certain way the screen will stay on for as long as I like. But as soon as I let go the screen will shut off. The whole time the screen is shut off though the touch screen works. When I do a swipe on the home screen when the phone screen shuts off when I get back on the home screen I can see the phone has responded to my action even though the LCD displays nothing. Any help will be appreciated:) Thanks
God bless,
Caleb Jefferies

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Motorola Atrix HD Turning Off Screen Randomly

Welcome to Android Central! It sound like there's a loose connection somewhere, but I'm not sure how worthwhile it is to take it apart and try to find it. Has your father considered upgrading his phone? Might be time.

FollowingChrist

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Motorola Atrix HD Turning Off Screen Randomly

He got a new phone. I wouldn't exactly call it 'upgrading' since it is a windows but it works. I was trying to fix the phone because it is worth $85-$100 dollars in used condition. He was very gentle on it besides sitting on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey