Why won't my LG G3 power on after the screen replacement?

mjferreri

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I recently replaced my screen when I dropped my phone and the digitizer cracked and became unresponsive. After installing the new screen, reconnecting all of the connectors to the mother board, and putting the plastic covers back on, nothing happens when i try to power the phone on.
The LED lights up when I plug it in, so I know the battery is getting power, but nothing happens when I push the power button.

Has anyone had experience with this sort of issue? I have triple checked all of the connections and everything is plugged in and secure.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G3 won't power on after screen replacement

It sounds like something may have been damaged during the replacement. It could be loose cord, a damaged cord, or damaged pin connector.

mbrakken

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I just encountered the same, or a very similar, issue. Do you have any updates?

When I plug in the phone, I get a battery icon for a few seconds until the screen turns off. The icon, though, is a different, more basic one than it used to be (just a white rectangle with a percentage).

I noticed that a contact spring (or whatever it is; it's springy and makes contact to an overlaying piece), which I believe is a ground for the wifi, had part of it askew and in contact with an adjacent mic. (ANT 5101 in the following image; the flat grey cover above the gold pin was folded to the left and in close contact with the rectangular component)

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 1.53.15 AM.png

I tried to fold the covering back in place, but it snapped off. It doesn't seem to have been a critical part of that component, but I don't actually know. I also haven't had the time to give it a thorough examination yet, though.

baurlife

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG G3 won't power on after screen replacement

Had exactly same problem dude, spend nearly 100 dollars on new display, after a week i dropped it again, and get the same stuff. I don't know still the problem either on hardware or on software. Sensitivity still works, while screen is turned off, to get my display on, i'd to restart it by unplugging batteries.