All apps on SD card turned gray and phone stalls to a white T-Mobile screen after ~10 min. Is my SD Card dead?

A

AC Question

All apps on SD card turned "gray" and phone stalls to a white "T-mobile" screen after ~10 min

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S 4 bought October 2013

I recently updated like 70 apps on my phone after not doing it forever. I ran out of space on the phone's internal memory from downloading all those updates. So, to make space, I moved a bunch of apps to the SD card (most were operating on internal memory).

The next day, the phone froze so I rebooted. When I restarted, all the apps from the SD card were grayed out. when I selected those icons a message appeared saying "Application not installed." After playing around in Settings and in Gallery to see what was still there, the phone froze, then went to a white screen with "T-mobile" flashing over and over.

I took out the battery, took out and put back in the SIM and SD card. And restarted. Same thing happened again.

I restarted again and put the phone in safe mode. Apps still missing, but no freezing. I exited safe mode and got the original behavior.

I finally started the phone without the SD card. So far no problems.

Does this mean my SD card is dead? Or ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08