Why is my screen not turning on?

A

AC Question

Hey

Im generally rough with my phone. Ive dropped it a lot but for the most part it still works.

Within the past 3 to 4 days, this issue has been popping up.

When the phone is on, the screen just goes black. I can see the led light, and even make regular sounds, vibrations, or music come out, just the screen is unresponsive.

So when I take the battery out to reset it, then put it back in and try and turn it on, i have to try 15-20 times. it turns on and the screen works the last time, but the 15-20 times i try to turn it on before that, i see a flicker of lines across the screen then black. the phone is still on, i get vibration feedback and the led flashes.

Im thinking when i dropped it, the connection between the system and the screen is loose? can i take it apart and fix it on my own? (id be willing to take the risk of permanent damage)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
It's most likely because of the drop. You can try fixing it yourself, but depending on the damage you might have to buy replacement parts and then swap/fix the rest and that doesn't even guarantee you'd be able to get it working again. I recommend sending it in for repair and just paying the fees. That way you at least know you're getting a working phone back