Playing videos in fullscreen landscape mode with Dolphin Browser

DiNZi

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Dolphin Browser now and it has been updated to the latest, when I try and use this browser to play videos off DailyMotion or MetaCafe and put the video I'm watching in fullscreen, it doesn't stay in fullscreen. When it tries to fade into fullscreen, it immideately comes back again and it does that back n fourth.

Can someone else try with a video from DailyMotion on Dolphin Browser try and watch in fullscreen, see what happens, ty! The phone has to be held sideways so widescreen.

I was just getting used to Dolphin Browser and I have tested DailyMotion and MetaCafe with Chrome and that works perfectly. What Chrome does is I play the video from DailyMotion, it comes to fullscreen, the soft buttons fade into 3 dots and I can watch. With Dolphin Browser, I play the video and it goes to full screen but after 2,3 seconds it comes out of full screen and back into full screen, then back out of full screen?!!

Just tried with YouTube as well, trying to play a video in YouTube via Dolphin Browser, put it to full screen, turn my phone into landscape and the buttons keep popping from the side every 2-3 seconds.

Hopefully someone can advise me here, I see not many threads get responded to in this section but I just thought I'd try my luck.

AGReklaw

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
EUREKA!!
I was having a hella time trying to play embedded videos within the Dolphin browser. YouTube or any other other video would not display.
I went in to Settings > Apps > Dolphin Browser.
I clicked on 'Force Stop' and then checked the box for 'Force GPU rendering'.
I started the browser up again and HOT DAMN!! I can view the videos!!

I unchecked the rendering box and it reverted back to not displaying the video.
I repeated the steps above and the videos worked again!!