How to force Dolphin NOT to open youtube links in youtube app?

Novgorod

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Simple problem: if I type www.youtube.com in the address bar, the youtube app opens instead of the youtube page in dolphin. I don't want to use the youtube app because it's impossible to block the ads and I also don't want to use the m.youtube.com website (with android user agent), because it's impossible to watch HD videos on it. The ONLY way of adfree youtube is the desktop youtube site in a browser (with desktop user agent), i.e. www.youtube.com, but this one always opens in the youtube app and not in dolphin. The "open in app" setting hidden deep in the settings menu doesn't help because it only applies to m.youtube.com and there is no way to add www.youtube.com to the list of pages NOT to be opened in the corresponding app.

Is this a bug or did I overlook something? Is there ANY way to get to the desktop (!) www.youtube.com site in dolphin?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Simple problem: if I type www.youtube.com in the address bar, the youtube app opens instead of the youtube page in dolphin. I don't want to use the youtube app because it's impossible to block the ads and I also don't want to use the m.youtube.com website (with android user agent), because it's impossible to watch HD videos on it. The ONLY way of adfree youtube is the desktop youtube site in a browser (with desktop user agent), i.e. www.youtube.com, but this one always opens in the youtube app and not in dolphin. The "open in app" setting hidden deep in the settings menu doesn't help because it only applies to m.youtube.com and there is no way to add www.youtube.com to the list of pages NOT to be opened in the corresponding app.

Is this a bug or did I overlook something? Is there ANY way to get to the desktop (!) www.youtube.com site in dolphin?
You can subscribe to youtube red (Google Play Music) and it would be ad free.

Not sure if it will work, but You can try to clear app default app on the youtube app.

If you have a Galaxy device, you can use package disabler to disable the youtube app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463