Motorola Accessory Sale!

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but Motorola has a sale with up-to 60% off batteries and accessories today.

(Snagged a D2 extended battery for $26, myself.)

Motorola

Use Promo Code GIFT4U60 at checkout.

(Thanks dealnews.)

Reactions: ishore99 and markm

blaisedinsd

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sweet! Good find ;)
Does the extended battery require a new door? Cause I don't see one listed :confused:

My understanding is that it does require a new door and I was wondering the same thing...does it come with the battery?

Other places I have seen this battery for sale the specify that it comes with the door.

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I understand this battery is slightly bigger than stock (not the mammoth, 2800mA one), and everywhere else indicates it comes with the slightly bigger door.

I agree, Moto's own store/site doesn't indicate that, but I think I checked the pn against the one on VZW's site and it was the same (and their description says the door comes-with).

dbasham

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
A new door is required and it should come with the battery (I have an extended battery). From what I understand it is currently only available in blue so if you have white I am not sure what you do. FYI, the extended battery barely impacts the size or weight of the phone and it adds quite a bit of juice (I bought mine with the phone, I can't even imagine what the standard battery would be like, I use setCPU and Juice Defender as it is).

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Can't wait for that new motorola in-car bluetooth set. It does everything I want.
http://www.technotalks.com/reviews/motorola-roadster-bluetooth-in-car-speakerphone-enters-elite-series/

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

blaisedinsd

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
A new door is required and it should come with the battery (I have an extended battery). From what I understand it is currently only available in blue so if you have white I am not sure what you do. FYI, the extended battery barely impacts the size or weight of the phone and it adds quite a bit of juice (I bought mine with the phone, I can't even imagine what the standard battery would be like, I use setCPU and Juice Defender as it is).

Well I am going to order it....the flat 4 dollar shipping is nice too as I am going to order a few things.

I see they sell battery doors separate too, but I don't see an extra capacity door for droid 2 so it almost certainly comes with the battery.

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on Dec. 1. As of yesterday it was not shipped. They said they had a computer issue. 9 days worth. So I canceled. I will not be buying from Motorola direct any more.

blaisedinsd

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No kidding, this is bull crap.

I just called them and got the run around. I told the guy I was expecting the battery door, that the battery door is not available on the website and that it is worthless with out the door.

He said he needs to transfer me to Order Admin, which apparently is closed and not open till Monday. I will probably be returning my order as well...maybe I'll get the incredible instead.

Full price is 49.99, which is the full price Verizon charges and that comes with the door.

So I called back....they said the code was for employees, but they did have the battery door for $12.99 and they waived the shipping charge for me. So I ended up getting the battery for $20.01 and the door for $12.99...VZW is offering both online for $37.49 so I did end up saving.

Last edited:

markm

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Same thing here. It shows a status of shipped on Dec 1, but has no tracking -- it just says shipped via standard. When I finally got through to customer service, I was told that discount used was for employees and it hadn't shipped yet. I was told I just needed to wait and they are working through the issues.

I'm going to work this through the Amazon guarantee side. They conveniently charged my card and posted it as shipped, but then remembered the code was only for employees?

markm

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
We'll see. Last night, by amazing coincidence the same day I called them, I got a shipped notice from Motorola. Should be here Thursday. I'm fine if they just got overwhelmed with orders but don't mark it as shipped on Dec 1 when it doesn't ship until the 13th and don't tell me a sale you advertised and accepted orders under was meant for employees only. I'm done ordering from Motorola directly.

If anyone else is waiting on a tracking number for a purchase through the Motorola store, give them a call - 1-866-289-6686.
==================
It made it! I'm not terribly impressed by the packaging job -- they put the retail box into a much larger box with 1 air pillow so it slid from side to side inside the bigger box, but it appears to be in 1 piece and it was a good price. Now, I have to forget about it since it's a Christmas present for me! ;-)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy