1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default gingerbread after z4root

Hello, I rooted my D2G with z4root and removed some of the preinstalled apps (blockbuster, mobile hot spot) with titanium backup. I have resotred the apps I could, but I don't think it restored all of them, and removed root through z4root but when I check for a system update it says I am up to date. Do I have to do the sbf thing?

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

Default Re: gingerbread after z4root

SBF will definitely put you back onto the verizon update line, but you'll lose everything in the process.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

My phone found the update a few days later (I was still unrooted), and it downloaded fine but when it went to apply the update it failed. I have since tried to repeat the process and it downloads but won't install. Is there something I can fix? I would like to keep game saves and stuff instead of losing everything through sbf if at all possible.

I was rooted and had some pre installed apps that I deleted. I had to SBF to get my phone to update.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I accidentally deleted the amazon mp3 app once. There's a place you can download the systems files including preloaded apps. Might be able to fix it that way