Gingerbread ROM w/ App Hiding/Disabling

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Was just wondering if there are any good ROMs out there for the Droid 2 which have App hiding (like launcher pro) or disabling (like ICS) built in stock to the ROM?

If I used this rom I wouldn't have to use launcher pro, which would save me some memory.

Any advice is appreciated.

Mike

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried the latest CM7 nightly? Chances are, most of the apps you want to hide are not included. You can find install directions at the CM site. Oh, and the nightly is quite stable, I have had no issues with it.

Steve in CT

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks, but its not really about the ROM coming with apps already gone. I want to be able to hide apps all together. Like text messaging and the gallery, I use Handcent and Quickpic instead.

Mike

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey Mike,

If you root and get Titanium Backup you have the ability to freeze apps. It's only available in the premium version which will run you about $6.00, and you have to be rooted. Although with the one click roots, it's as simple as pie.

Also, I know you don't seem interested, but CM7 nightlies are very nice and they use the ADW launcher. My Droid 2 is running faster than it ever has on Gingerbread since I flashed to CM7.

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks, actually I am thinking of CM7. And I know Launcher Pro allows for app hiding in the app drawer. Does the CM7 ADW flavor allow for this too? If so, I'm in.

Mike

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see a setting for app hiding in ADW. However, you can "freeze" apps with Titanium Backup Pro ($6.00 app in Market, Root only!). I just went in and froze my Messaging program and could confirm that it was no longer in the app drawer.

If you're happy with Moto Blur and just want to hide apps within the Stock Launcher, then I'd recommend you get Titanium Backup Pro and freeze the apps. I personally am not a huge fan of Moto Blur and I thought the Gingerbread update brought about more problems than fixes. CM7 is a nightly build and is not a stable build, but so far I find it far superior to the stock on D2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1