CM7 for Droid 2 Global

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe their are CM7 builds for the D2G but their not official ones...I think the D2G will be officially supported for CM9 tho

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
prolly not for another month or so til nighlies I would imagine and its impossible...Motorola locked that shiz down like fort knox...noone can break in :/

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
prolly not for another month or so til nighlies I would imagine and its impossible...Motorola locked that shiz down like fort knox...noone can break in :/

I must be misunderstanding what I'd need an unlocked bootloader for than...to flash a custom ROM, would I need an unlocked bootloader?

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You only need root to flash custom ROMs...you need an unlocked bootloader to flash kernels and such but you can only do that on the OG Droid and Nexus because those are pure Google phones and arent locked down.

anon(627628)

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
There is a kanged version over @ Rootzwiki, which you can download through ROM Toolbox.. It's called Revnumbers. There is no official version for the d2g.

As for CM9, there are a few guys working on them in pre-alpha stage, but it's closed testing. The main issue is getting cdma data to work... Wifi and radio work, along with gps and other features.

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
They should talk to ppl working on it for the motor triumph cus they have data,mms, GPS, and almost everything but camera working so far I actually am using alpha right now as my daily

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk