Can this phone still be used without service?

greystoker

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I recently upgraded from the Droid 2 Global to an HTC Rezound and my 7 year old wants to know if she can have the D2. I said, "Yes" but can she still play her games on it?
Also, can I install new games on it?
Of course I'm referring to non-data-using types of apps/games, kinda like Angry Birds(does that use data?).

I'd like to install a game (via usb) and just let her play it without having to worry about having a phone number and $tuff attached to the phone. Does that make sense? Kinda like a mini-tablet. I can physically remove antennae and stuff, as needed. I won't be going back to the D2 ever.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
You can, however by law in the US any phone can call 911 regardless of whether it's active or cancelled or suspended...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You can still use it via wifi to connect to the internet and do basic tasks but anything involving the need of a activate Google account will hold things up.

Dakotahtah

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
my friend gave me this phone and as long as I have Wi-Fi, I can go to the application store and download things and such. I also have Google voice and gv SMS integration and groove ip which makes it just like a regular phone, as long as I have Wi-Fi of course; )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance