Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can this phone still be used without service?

I recently upgraded from the Droid 2 Global to an HTC Rezound and my 7 year old wants to know if she can have the D2. I said, "Yes" but can she still play her games on it?
    Also, can I install new games on it?
    Of course I'm referring to non-data-using types of apps/games, kinda like Angry Birds(does that use data?).

I'd like to install a game (via usb) and just let her play it without having to worry about having a phone number and $tuff attached to the phone. Does that make sense? Kinda like a mini-tablet. I can physically remove antennae and stuff, as needed. I won't be going back to the D2 ever.

ROM
    I317UCALJ2

You can, however by law in the US any phone can call 911 regardless of whether it's active or cancelled or suspended...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Can this phone still be used without service?

You can still use it via wifi to connect to the internet and do basic tasks but anything involving the need of a activate Google account will hold things up.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Default Re: Can this phone still be used without service?

my friend gave me this phone and as long as I have Wi-Fi, I can go to the application store and download things and such. I also have Google voice and gv SMS integration and groove ip which makes it just like a regular phone, as long as I have Wi-Fi of course; )