Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sense UI on a droid 2

first real post, just wanted to say hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

ok down to business. ive done a fair amount of trolling these threads looking for my answer but im not having alot of luck. what im trying to do is put the sense UI on my Droid 2. i see lots of posts/threads giving info about the original droid, but these are a little outdated as far as smartphones go nowadays.

so, is it possible? and if it is how much of a pain in the *** is it?

1.) download widgetlocker lockscreen to get the sense ui lockscreen (along with your choice of standard android, iphone, and a customizable standard android lockscreen).

2.)then download launcherpro and upgrade it to plus to get similar sense ui widgets.

3.) download fancy widget from this link to get the sense ui clock and weather widget: Fancy Widget v1.3.0.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    (Note: if you search for fancy widget in the android market you will find a more updated version of fancy widget but they changed it because HTC complained that it was copying their style. So if you want the HTC style one you need to DL it from that link.

To add to what deadlybatman said, you can get a very close replica of the Sense launcher here.

For the colors/icons of your system you'll need to find a ROM/theme for your phone that replicates Sense (I'm not aware of one).

Also, I'm moving this thread over to the appropriate sub-forum, ROMs/Hacks, because the only true way to get Sense is to modify your phone's framework.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

there is a slim chance of this happening. the devs at the old AllDroid forum attempted it for the original droid but it never came out perfect. It had to do with the ril that htc has set up. is it possible, sure anything is possible. i guess you will have to wait and see.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,700 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I highly doubt it. Best bet get an htc phone that's what I plan on doing
    Rooted for life

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

what desire do you have for sense? i know it looks cool, but you can get like sense launchers and such.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I really can't stand Sense. Tried it on the Aria (yeah, embarrassed to admit that...) and I only wound up using a couple of the widgets and HTC services. They just don't implement most services well enough to beat out third party devs' work. And Sense certainly doesn't add much to AOSP experience. Example, why go with the basic sense clock widget, when you could have one with skins and customizations like the Sense Analog Clock Widget 4x2? Here's the link on AppBrain: Sense Analog Clock Widget 4x2 - Android app on AppBrain
    Ciao for now.

Like everyone else said, it probably won't happen. HTC does a great job at protecting their launcher. What is it about Sense that you want to replicate? That might be a more helpful question if you're looking for a better/different experience on your phone.

As other have pointed out, Launcher Pro gives you a lot of skinning options and it has several widgets that are similar (and in some ways superior) to the Sense widgets. If you use Fission rom you can get the Sense clock, or you can purchase Beautiful Widgets and get a similarly skinned clock widget.

For me, I wanted the widgets and the clock, so I use Fission and Launcher Pro, but is there anything else you'd like to be different?

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

i'll admit that the Droid Incredible is probably the smoothest Android phone to date and its because HTC spent a great deal in matching hardware to software. Similarly i'd imagine the EVO performs in terms of fluidity.
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

phone addict

Global Posts
    3,700 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Sense is why I will always want a HTC device because their stock experience is much better than any other Odm they match their software great with hardware and have a clear vision of what should be. Unlike most odms that. Just slap a skin on a product and doesn't care how it functions
    Rooted for life

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

Rosie needs an overhaul though. HTC needs to add all of the current flare to Rosie to match the current Gingerbread launcher at least [3D launcher at least].