Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Default Theme Questions

I'm new to rooting and I'm curretly using a Droid 2. I was wondering if you could install a theme without using a custom ROM? Is it possible to install a custom theme over [rooted] stock blur?

-Thanks

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

yes, but the theme is going to be less universal because the stock rom is odexed. but as a side note odexed roms have faster boot ups. so you'll be able to get a hybrid with your stock rom. fast boot and a themed rom. you should check out the "blackglass theme for odexed Droid 2"
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,730 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

i would say load the deodexed stock rom then theme it you have allot more options
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

I'm pretty new at this stuff, could you explain deodexing

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

you're not gonna want to deodex the rom yourself. You're going to want to find a deodexed Rom and flash it. But then you are Adding a custom Rom that you didn't seem to fond of in the OP. So to answer questions. Yes you can theme a stock (odexed) rom, but it is limited theming. Deodexed Roms provide the ability to do complete theming, but you have tyo flash a custom deodexed Rom. There are Deodexed Stock Roms floating around if you want one though.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Alright guys thanks for the help I'm kind of getting the hang of it, just will take some time

You could also try this: Droid Life Forum &bull; View topic - Droid 2 Deodex and Zip Aligned System & Framework Files

I ended up just using a deodexed rom like corydunbar suggested. If you're looking for roms to try, check out this forum: Droid 2 Roms - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum