What is/are the best ROM(s) for battery life?

Music Ian

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
This is something I have a problem with... I haven't even activated service, and without using wifi or any internet anything, I still can't even pull 24 full hours out of the battery. I know this will at least be cut in half once I activate service. When going somewhere with wifi I always bring my cord so I'm not sure how bad that affects the life.

And so, what is/are the best ROM(s) for battery life?

Last edited:

bebop15a2

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure you can expect a full 24 hours out of a smart phone. I use Fission rom and my phone lasts for a regular work day, but I got similar battery out of the stock rom. The last time I could go more than a day without charging was on a flip phone.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Fission rom gets great battery life, but for added performance from your battery use JRummy's overclock app in the market, you can undervolt to save battery life and under clock you CPU to 800MHz. you wont notice much of a difference at all. But you'll see vast battery improvements.root is needed

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah its been great minus this annoying battery management issue. The settings force closes on me when I try to check what process is using what

crome1115#IM

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
ive used fission roms and now using apex 1.3.1 on my d2.. both have shown much better battery life than stock moto ui..apex maybe just a weee bit better on the battery life. but again also depends on how much you use your device..

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
i have the extended battery, i used it before switching to Fission while on stock Rom, but now Fission is so battery efficient that i dont even need it. The only time i use my extended battery is if i am going backpacking and i want to have a solid 2 days worth of battery life for pictures, video, and weather

Music Ian

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
awesome, thanks guys.

I'm planning on getting the extended battery, for both the lifespan and because in pictures it appears the handset would be more comfortable for me with the slightly protruding battery cover.

I'll try out Apex and GummyJAR, and attempt Fission again (it was unstable when I tried it, though it may have been a random one-time problem)