Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default massive app crashing after installing fission

hey, i just installed fission and when i turn on my phone it boots up once, gets to the red eye screen then reboots and finally boots up. when it finally boots up i get a ton of boxes saying so and so app has crashed and i have to force close. as soon as i force close the box comes up again. it is all on a black background and it looks like the background is blank. i am worried that i broke my phone because i am a n00b at this kind of stuff. thanks in advance.

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

i'd reflash fission with a "wipe data and cache". make sure you are using the latest v2.6.1 it will likely have the best luck
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II

I am starting to have a few minor issues with my rooted Droid 2 using Fission 2.5.7 and Gingerbread Theme. Latest is I can't send attachments to messages. Can I just reflash the ROM and if I do that will I lose my present setup? Noob at all this and don't really know where to start. Also how would I drop Fission and change ROM? Thanks in advance.

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

if you install the fission 2.5.7 "upgrade" no data wipe needed from Fission Rom Manager you should be all fixed up if you problem is a bad /system file. Otherwise i'd say get FRMfull and move up to fission 2.6.1 because it is super good.

Keep in mind that Liberty 2.0 just released for the D2/X yesterday. I haven't tried it as its not a gingerbread build and i'm currently on the gingerbread leak. But liberty puts out top notch software.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II