1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Post Rom compatiblities

I see that ROM Manager on my D2 shows all of the same ROMs that it showed with my Droid 1. However, after researching, cyanogen (my favorite) is not compatible. I have nandroid backups and stuff, but i am curious as to what would happen if i attempted to install cyanogen on the D2. Has anyone tried? Are they're severe repercussions?

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

it will not do what you're hoping. I also think ROM manager is malfunctioning if its showing Droid Roms for the Droid 2. There arent that many ROMs floating around for the D2.
    Last edited by corydunbar; 02-21-2011 at 02:03 AM.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sigh...I was afraid of that...

What about the Bionic, Is that running the same or similiar enough kernel to expect custom mods from the start?
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Nope they will be different with different security. But good luck their aren't many roms for the d2 but I've found fission to be the best and least buggy
    Rooted for life