Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

Default How to get even better call quality on the Droid 2

This has been a post over in the Droid X forums for a while. But if you haven't already seen this, there is a way to increase call quality in our Droid 2 conversations. This site gives a very clear rundown of how to boost your call quality.
    Simple Droid X Hack Can Greatly Improve Call Quality | Techerator

Note
    i have read over in the DX forums that this is not compatible with all ROMs. But it is compatible with at least stock, Liberty, and Fission. so that covers most of us.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

has anyone else tried this on their Droid 2?
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

Worked on my D2, didn't notice a huge difference right away. I'll have to test it more. The changes did take though and it worked on a test call after.

When you say it is not compatible with all roms do you mean that there are some roms that just simply can't access the hidden menu? Or do you mean some people can go thru all the steps but it will just not work? Or would it even mess up the call quality altogether?

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP b38

It worked for me. I haven't actually got on a call yet.

What rom are you running dkear?

I just did this and after the reboot i could not hear anything. Also the person on the otherside of the line could not hear me. I promptly reset my phone

I have D2, liberty 1.5
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

it worked on fission 2.6.1 without any problems for me.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

Quote Originally Posted by kwest12 View Post
    This is the exact same trick the Incredible users used and the Droid users used and probably users of other phones as well. Like the article says, you're simply changing the phone to use a newer type of voice codec.

From what I've read about this, the only reason that phones don't come this way out of the box is b/c not EVERYWHERE supports this codec yet. If you happen to be in one of the few areas unlucky enough not to support this codec, just change it back if it doesn't work.

AFIAK there is no downside do making this change if this codec is supported in your area (which it most likely is). I know the article says something about faster battery drain but I don't believe the Incredible users were reporting any increased battery drain after doing this either.
    I found this over on androidforums.com

I did it about a week ago but I really haven't noticed much of a difference.

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP b38

Quote Originally Posted by deadlybatman View Post
    What rom are you running dkear?
    Liberty 1.5

Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    ROM
    leaked 2.3.3 rooted

Options are different on Gingerbread. Anyone get this to work?
    I was told there would be hotter chicks here.

The Vocode option is not available on my D2G through this method. Not sure what that means.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

the droid 2 global may be different then. because it worked on my droid 2 and my droid x