Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by deadlybatman View Post
    Just install it and you can dl the r2d2 stuff to your phone.
    Sweet, don't know why I couldn't find that

Loving Gingerbread so far, much better than it was on my Optimus S.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by NLewis40 View Post
    thanx for the links deadlybatman! loving gingerbread, still have a lot of playing to do with it, and can't wait till there are some ROMs to put into it! once again mad thanx for all the instructions and all!
    No prob! Glad you were able to get it working =)
    Thanked by:

so i have a question, i love gingerbread, but everytime i get a call or a sms, once i hit the home button or end a call the screen automatically locks and i go to unlock it, and it locks all over again. i have done a battery pull and it works fine after that till the next call or sms. anything in specific i need to do or is anyone else having this problem? any info is good info.

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Ok, anyone else have Swype tell them that its pre-configured for another device and will only work with limited functionality?
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Swipe doesn't work for me and the multitouch keyboard is laggy but ill say this the battery life is great much better than 2.2 my kids mainly use this phone now and it last 2 days with light usage I haven't charged it since Sunday and I just got the 15% warning
    Rooted for life

Quote Originally Posted by smccloud View Post
    Ok, anyone else have Swype tell them that its pre-configured for another device and will only work with limited functionality?
    Yeah, I had the exact same issue when I installed it previously. It is because of that issue that I went back to Froyo, I use Swype exclusively and I'm not willing to give it up.
    If anyone has a way to fix it, I would love to know so I can hop on the Gingerbread train

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

could you not remove all of the swype files from the /system folder and then install the swype beta installer?
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
    Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts

Try these instructions from Droid Forums:

1.Download Root Uninstaller from the app market. Uninstall, or "backup" swype to the sd card.

2.Get the swype installer from beta.swype.com. You're gonna have to register to get the download link. It sends a link to your email right away.

3. Run the swype installer (you'll need to change permissions to allow installation of non market apps). It even has a cool tutorial at the end that taught me some tricks I never knew before.

4.*UPDATE* Generate License!*
    Galaxy S4 with Jelly Bean 4.3

Does the leak work with D2G?

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

no, the leak is for the A955 (D2) not the A956 (D2G)
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by silverfang77 View Post
    Try these instructions from Droid Forums:
    Those instructions forgot, reboot between steps 1 & 2
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Ac is reporting that the droid x ota gingerbread update is being pushed out with a higher build number than what was leaked. Hopefully that means the D2 update will be coming out soon too but who really knows #fingerscrossed

Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/new-an...shing-over-air
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

And of course it was just a false alarm.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted

The keyboard on this build is a little laggy but overall I'm pretty satisfied with it. Guess I'll stick with it until the official comes out.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Quote Originally Posted by thefever23 View Post
    The keyboard on this build is a little laggy but overall I'm pretty satisfied with it. Guess I'll stick with it until the official comes out.
    I don't seem to have that issue. The new stock gingerbread keyboard has been tiptop for me. It is actually my favorite keyboard to use and I've bought and used pretty much any keyboard worth checking out. Swiftkey, ultra, smart, better, swype, gingerbread keyboard by steven lin, AI type keyboard beta, and more.

Lovin' Gingerbread so far! I came from Squidly, back to stock, and now Gingerbread. Super snappy, more responsive! I am bummed about the wifi tethering (if anyone has a fix, do share!) but I'll probably stick with this for a while.

So I recently used this guide to take my D2 from stock to Gingerbread and for the most part I like it. However I used Handcent SMS before the upgrade and really liked the ability to reply in the notification pop up it has, but I can't figure out how to disable the default text notification in Gingerbread. So now every text I get I have 2 notification icons, 2 pop ups (the default one pops up over the Handcent one which is more frustrating), and 2 sounds that play. Anyone know how I might be able to fix this? Maybe it's easy to disable the default notifications and I'm just too stupid to figure it out?
    Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts

Open your app drawer, touch Messaging>Text Messaging>Settings>Uncheck Auto-retrieve and notifications.

Open your app drawer, touch Messaging>Text Messaging>Settings>Uncheck Auto-retrieve and notifications.
    Tried that and it doesn't work. Any other ideas?
    Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts

From the Handcent FAQ

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

does this work for the d2G with system verison 2.4.330
    Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts

The Handcent thing? I would assume so.

From the Handcent FAQ

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Wow I'm stupid. Just realized that it wasn't the default text notification, it was another app I had downloaded a long time ago similar to Handcent. It must have been gotten restored from my backup and I had completely forgotten about it ever existing. Well, problem solved, thanks for the help.

Can ne help with the step by step rooting like if I need to do it on a computer or can I do by my phone n I was also asking if the gingerbread would work on the D2G wit android version 2.2 n syste, version 2.4.330

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

Quote Originally Posted by superspiderman210 View Post
    Can ne help with the step by step rooting like if I need to do it on a computer or can I do by my phone n I was also asking if the gingerbread would work on the D2G wit android version 2.2 n syste, version 2.4.330
    the gingerbread build is for the Droid 2 A955 only not the Droid 2 Global A956. I don't recommend trying it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast