Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

ok thanks is there neway you can help me root my D2G or do you know anyone that could/would help me

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

Quote Originally Posted by superspiderman210 View Post
    ok thanks is there neway you can help me root my D2G or do you know anyone that could/would help me
    jerry did a full write-up here that will walk you through rooting your D2G. its the same method as the D2.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II

ROM
    Stock

Will this work on the D2G?
    Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    909 Global Posts

No. The D2G is different from the D2.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

Quote Originally Posted by silverfang77 View Post
    No. The D2G is different from the D2.
    isnt the root method for the D2G the same as the D2 though?
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    909 Global Posts

Oh, the rooting methods should match. I thought he meant installing Gingerbread.

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

Quote Originally Posted by snowride20 View Post
    Will this work on the D2G?
    rooting your D2G yes, putting gingerbread on your device no!

so what if im already rooted but still at stock 2.3.20 do i need to sbf still? or can i just skip to bootstrapping and loading?

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

How many Droid2's have been sold vs the Droid2 Global. I mean the D2G came pretty quickly and replaced it so it would seem like there should be more D2G out there, or at least a GB SBF file somewhere. Is there nothing out there?

I am trying to decide whether to wait for the D3, get the DX2 or get a D2G and just move on temporarily.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    How many Droid2's have been sold vs the Droid2 Global. I mean the D2G came pretty quickly and replaced it so it would seem like there should be more D2G out there, or at least a GB SBF file somewhere. Is there nothing out there?

I am trying to decide whether to wait for the D3, get the DX2 or get a D2G and just move on temporarily.
    What do you mean move on temporarily? The DX2 comes out towards the end of the month. D3 who knows? Original D2 came out August 12th, and the Original Droid came out the November before. I would guess the D3 would come out towards the end of the summer again but who really knows? I guess it just depends on how long you can stick with the phone you have now and how patient you want to be for the next hottest phone.

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Has anyone else noticed that the NAND has an extreme lack of space after installing the leak? I had to use Titanium backup to delete the pre-loaded apps I don't use just so I had room for the R2D2 bits my phone came with (and the boot animation still isn't working quite right).

I'm currently an overall happy d2g user, but I made a pretty bad mistake when I first got my phone. I deleted the need for speed demo and I was told that I won't be able to upgrade my rom until I put it back on my phone. Where would i find the .apk file? I've searched the forums and can only find links for the droidx's bloatware.

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by hjbucher09 View Post
    I'm currently an overall happy d2g user, but I made a pretty bad mistake when I first got my phone. I deleted the need for speed demo and I was told that I won't be able to upgrade my rom until I put it back on my phone. Where would i find the .apk file? I've searched the forums and can only find links for the droidx's bloatware.
    Being that its so easy to delete, I don't think its a required app for an upgrade. Having said that, if you really want it I can SBF my R2D2 back to stock, restore my backup and then pull said APK off it.
    Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    909 Global Posts

NFS isn't a required file for upgrades.

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Anyone heard when an official release will be coming out?
    Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    909 Global Posts

Probably the 25th of Never.

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

I was afraid of that.

Just found out there are issues with Wireless Tether on Gingerbread. Anyone found a work around? I love the App.

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

the dev is hosting a special version of the app that works with the gingerbread leak on his google code site.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  

Quote Originally Posted by corydunbar View Post
    the dev is hosting a special version of the app that works with the gingerbread leak on his google code site.
    Do you have a link for it?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Anyone know how to force the keyboard light to come on all the time? I can't find it in the settings. Sometimes it doesn't recognize how dark it is and I can't see the keys. It gets annoying.

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

wireless tether for root users repository that link will bring you to his google code page

Quote Originally Posted by deadlybatman View Post
    Anyone know how to force the keyboard light to come on all the time? I can't find it in the settings. Sometimes it doesn't recognize how dark it is and I can't see the keys. It gets annoying.
    I have looked at most of the settings and don't see that either. But it works most of the time. You are right though, its annoying when it doesnt and its so dark you can't see the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by corydunbar View Post
    wireless tether for root users repository that link will bring you to his google code page
    Yeah, I have tried the different downloads and none seem to work. The newest one does not even tether. My PC will not find it. And the older ones my PC just wont connect. It sees it but just times out.

I am trying an App called AdjBrightness. Heard you can lock the backlight
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

Let me know how it works.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast