Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 123
  1. #76  

    Default

    It seems to be working well after a days use. Only issue is it seems you have to choose a brightness rather than just having on auto but I may not be tinkering with it just right. Each time I wake my phone up I see it is granted Superuser so it is kicking on and auto lighting up. I will continue to mess with it. Not sure how it will effect battery life etc.
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #77  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CloeHokie View Post
    It seems to be working well after a days use. Only issue is it seems you have to choose a brightness rather than just having on auto but I may not be tinkering with it just right. Each time I wake my phone up I see it is granted Superuser so it is kicking on and auto lighting up. I will continue to mess with it. Not sure how it will effect battery life etc.
    Sounds too complicated for such a trivial issue. Plus, it's not worth effecting battery life. Thanks for conducting the experiment though. The easiest work around is to just put your finger over the light sensor for about two or three seconds. It is located to the right of the ear speaker on the front of your phone (just above the motorola logo). You can just barely see a little circle. That is the light sensor. If you cover it with your finger for a few seconds the backlight and keyboard lights come on. Hope that helps.
    Thanked by:
  3. #78  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadlybatman View Post
    Sounds too complicated for such a trivial issue. Plus, it's not worth effecting battery life. Thanks for conducting the experiment though. The easiest work around is to just put your finger over the light sensor for about two or three seconds. It is located to the right of the ear speaker on the front of your phone (just above the motorola logo). You can just barely see a little circle. That is the light sensor. If you cover it with your finger for a few seconds the backlight and keyboard lights come on. Hope that helps.
    Huh, thats a good idea I had not tried yet. I know where the sensor is so I will give that a try as this app seems to work but has too many minor issues. Was worth a try I guess.

    I am still trying to get my wifi tethering back up. Is yours working? I do not use it a lot but love having it when traveling.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CloeHokie View Post
    Huh, thats a good idea I had not tried yet. I know where the sensor is so I will give that a try as this app seems to work but has too many minor issues. Was worth a try I guess.

    I am still trying to get my wifi tethering back up. Is yours working? I do not use it a lot but love having it when traveling.
    No, my wifi tether doesn't work either =( Sucks, I also find it useful when I'm traveling. It would be super-clutch for if and when I eventually get a tablet too. Not having wifi tether lessens my motivation for getting one.
  5. #80  

    Default

    Gingerbread installed and running great. However, the phone does not seem to be rooted. Tried to run gingerbreak and ran into an error.

    Any ideas? Do I need to wipe and re-install Gingerbread?
  6. #81  
    silverfang77's Avatar
    Lone Wolf

    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts

    Default

    Which leak did you install, the first one, or the pre-rooted one? The first one can't be rooted at all. If you want root, you need to SBF back to stock, then download and install the pre-rooted leak.
    Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2
  7. #82  

    Default

    Supposed to be the pre-rooted version from this thread.
  8. #83  
    silverfang77's Avatar
    Lone Wolf

    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts

    Default

    Does the Superuser app show up in the app drawer?
    Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2
  9. #84  

    Default

    Yes, Superuser is in the app drawer.
    Running root check says files are missing.
    I'll re-download the file, wipe and reinstall.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #85  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evangelinaarion View Post
    Yes, Superuser is in the app drawer.
    Running root check says files are missing.
    I'll re-download the file, wipe and reinstall.
    why don't you download an app that requires root to test it. Try downloading shootme from the android market and see if you are able to take screenshots. If you are able to do so then you have root.
  11. #86  
    rip14's Avatar

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    763 Global Posts

    Default

    Any update about wireless tether? Anybody find any kind of alternative? I was just about to install this, but I can't live without my tether.
    -When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
  12. #87  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rip14 View Post
    Any update about wireless tether? Anybody find any kind of alternative? I was just about to install this, but I can't live without my tether.
    After weeks of trying I found a fix.

    Download the newest version

    Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

    When you install it change your device to Droid X even though its a D2. It is working for me and I am using it to make this post. Lol
  13. #88  
    silverfang77's Avatar
    Lone Wolf

    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the link. No better way to give Verizon the digitus infamous than to install a tethering app.

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2
  14. #89  
    rip14's Avatar

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    763 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CloeHokie View Post
    After weeks of trying I found a fix.

    Download the newest version

    Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

    When you install it change your device to Droid X even though its a D2. It is working for me and I am using it to make this post. Lol
    Thanks.

    I tried the v3_0-pre14.apk, but it didn't work for me. Changed it to a DX, and I could connect, but it still brought up the Verizon page.

    I then installed the TBH tether patch, and in conjection with wifi tether 3.0 pre14 it finally works for me.

    w00t!
    -When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
  15. #90  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rip14 View Post
    Thanks.

    I tried the v3_0-pre14.apk, but it didn't work for me. Changed it to a DX, and I could connect, but it still brought up the Verizon page.

    I then installed the TBH tether patch, and in conjection with wifi tether 3.0 pre14 it finally works for me.

    w00t!
    Nice! Yeah I had already tried the patch so it was on my phone. Glad you got it working though.
  16. #91  
    silverfang77's Avatar
    Lone Wolf

    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts

    Default

    Is the part about changing the D2 to a EX in the pap's settings?

    Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk
    Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2
  17. #92  
    cwhummel's Avatar

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

    Default

    ok, im having problems with installing GB.

    I am currently running stock froyo, rooted. I downloaded the zip at the start of this thread, put it on the sd card, reboot into recovery, choose install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sd card, ....and it isnt there.

    am i missing something, or doing something wrong?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwhummel View Post
    ok, im having problems with installing GB.

    I am currently running stock froyo, rooted. I downloaded the zip at the start of this thread, put it on the sd card, reboot into recovery, choose install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sd card, ....and it isnt there.

    am i missing something, or doing something wrong?
    Did you put the zip in the root of the sd card? Meaning that you didn't put it in any folders?

    Also, did you scroll down and check through all the files listed on the root of your sd card?
  19. #94  
    cwhummel's Avatar

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadlybatman View Post
    Did you put the zip in the root of the sd card? Meaning that you didn't put it in any folders?

    Also, did you scroll down and check through all the files listed on the root of your sd card?
    No folders, top level of the sd card. Open it up in file explorer and there it is.

    what do you mean check through all the files? in recovery? it doesnt show any files, just the folders, and only the folders that dont have a period in front of them. looking through file explorer when the phone is booted up it is there as well. just not in recovery.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #95  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwhummel View Post
    No folders, top level of the sd card. Open it up in file explorer and there it is.

    what do you mean check through all the files? in recovery? it doesnt show any files, just the folders, and only the folders that dont have a period in front of them. looking through file explorer when the phone is booted up it is there as well. just not in recovery.
    Sorry, I meant when you are selecting the zip file you have to make sure you are scrolling down to see the rest of the files. It only shows some of your files on the top half of your screen which can be deceiving because it seems like all the files are being displayed. When you scroll down you see that even though it shows your list of files with just the top half of your screen there are actually more files than is shown.
    Thanked by:
  21. #96  
    cwhummel's Avatar

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

    Default

    yep, found it. didn't realize it only utilized half the screen. installing now, thanks!
  22. #97  
    cwhummel's Avatar

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

    Default

    ok, well, things apparently arent working so well.

    GB loads up, but instead of getting the home screen, i just get a white screen. teh notification bar is there and dragable, the camera can open up, but thats about it. the rest is just a white screen. tried rebooting, still just white. this is after i had to do 3 battery pulls as it would first just light up a black screen for 10 seconds, then reboot and do the same. finally, it booted normal, but stuck at the droid boot-image for a long time before finally loading up. but, white screen, and the roaming signal is there.
  23. #98  
    cwhummel's Avatar

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

    Default

    nevermind, did a wipe and all is well.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #99  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwhummel View Post
    nevermind, did a wipe and all is well.
    Very cool! I'm glad you were able to get it working
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #100  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rip14 View Post
    Thanks.

    I tried the v3_0-pre14.apk, but it didn't work for me. Changed it to a DX, and I could connect, but it still brought up the Verizon page.

    I then installed the TBH tether patch, and in conjection with wifi tether 3.0 pre14 it finally works for me.

    w00t!

    The same thing is happening to me. I keep getting sent to the verizon page. Where did you download the tbh tether patch?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions