[How To] Installing Gingerbread on D2 with Root!

cwhummel

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
so now that i got it all working, i'm pretty happy with it. however, has anybody else experienced the screen just going black (locking) at random (and repeatedly)? it's kind of annoying.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

I tried the v3_0-pre14.apk, but it didn't work for me. Changed it to a DX, and I could connect, but it still brought up the Verizon page.

I then installed the TBH tether patch, and in conjection with wifi tether 3.0 pre14 it finally works for me.

w00t!

Where can I get the TBH tether patch? I would like to get wireless tethering going too.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the stock keyboard with this gingerbread rom and I must say I love it. It's my favorite keyboard and I've played with pretty much all the keyboards. Lately, though it's been acting weird. It'll just freeze and after about 20 seconds it will disappear but the suggestion bar will stay on the bottom and it blocks my dock bar so I can't use the icons on my dock. I've tried switching to another keyboard and then switching back but it still does it. I've restarted my phone a few times and still does it so basically it has now become unusable for me. This started 4 days ago. Before that everything was tip top. I'm now using Keyboard from Android 2.3 by Steve Lin. Has this happened to anyone else?

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so... I did notice it's when I use the double space to insert a period is what is causing it to freeze. I disabled that feature and then re-enabled it and it still froze. I'm at a lost =(

CloeHokie

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the stock keyboard with this gingerbread rom and I must say I love it. It's my favorite keyboard and I've played with pretty much all the keyboards. Lately, though it's been acting weird. It'll just freeze and after about 20 seconds it will disappear but the suggestion bar will stay on the bottom and it blocks my dock bar so I can't use the icons on my dock. I've tried switching to another keyboard and then switching back but it still does it. I've restarted my phone a few times and still does it so basically it has now become unusable for me. This started 4 days ago. Before that everything was tip top. I'm now using Keyboard from Android 2.3 by Steve Lin. Has this happened to anyone else?

Go to settings and change the input method to swype. You don't have to use swype though. That fixed it when mine did the same.

Edit - Go manage apps - All - Then find Multi-touch keyboard - Open and click on clear data. That fixed mine like a charm!

Last edited:
Reactions: darrylmendo

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings and change the input method to swype. You don't have to use swype though. That fixed it when mine did the same.

Edit - Go manage apps - All - Then find Multi-touch keyboard - Open and click on clear data. That fixed mine like a charm!

Yes! That worked! Thank you. I have no idea why that issue started happening out of no where but I am glad its back to normal :)

Last edited:

thejke

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just installed gingerbread. I am having some problems though. Things on the homescreen are running very slow. When I hit a button on my power widget to change the screen brightness it takes a good 10-20 seconds to respond. Also, my 3g isn't working.

Last edited:

oldwolf

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
so what if im already rooted but still at stock 2.3.20 do i need to sbf still? or can i just skip to bootstrapping and loading?
yep, that is what I did- rooting the froyo w/z4root & then went into bootstrap recovery & then used the monster .zip file fm the SD card...

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
Okay I just tried rooting a friends phone with this method and it is now completely f*%^d.

The Phone was running 2.3.3 so I downloaded the rsdlite and files/drivers. Ran RSD, showed device, chose file and away it went. Everything looked like it was working properly but when the phone rebooted the program said something like "manually reboot device" even though the phone was rebooted. So I rebooted the device and when it comes back up it is just a black screen that shows the launcher icons and the notification bar. The RSD lite program will no longer see the phone and the phone will not allow me to do anything. I can pull up the app drawer but can not click anything. I can pull down the notification window but when I try to change the usb mode to "PC" it just does nothing and is stuck on usb storage. My computer sees the mass storage fine. I tried turning off the phone and holding "X" while powering ont o get into recovery but there is just a picture of a droid with an exclamation point. Is the phone bricked or does someone have any suggestions?

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
For the record I was able to get the phone working. I had to hold the up arrow on the keyboard while powering on the phone to get into the bootloader. Once in the bootloader RSDlite was able to see the phone again. I redid the sbf file to 3.3.20 which produced the exact same weirdness as I reported earlier so I thought I was just screwed. Searched around and found that after holding X and powering on the phone you are SUPPOSED to get the android with an exclamation mark. Hit the search(magnifying glass) key on the keyboard and the recovery menu pops up. Chose wipe/factory reset and rebooted and it work like a charm. I decided to just leave her on froyo and run oneclickroot and it worked like a charm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech