[How To] Installing Gingerbread on D2 with Root!

NLewis40

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
scratch last post, i figured out where i went wrong. like i said i am new to all of this, and am loving every minute of tryin this stuff on my phone, and i guess learning from my own mistakes is part of the game!

NLewis40

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
thanx for the links deadlybatman! loving gingerbread, still have a lot of playing to do with it, and can't wait till there are some ROMs to put into it! once again mad thanx for all the instructions and all!

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Any clue on this yet?

Just install it and you can dl the r2d2 stuff to your phone.

I dl'ed the rom, checked for differences, have all the differences i noticed in a folder, in rar format on my desktop... including apps, sounds, boot animation, and a short video... best place to u/l something for others to d/l?

Edit: give this a shot...

This should be everything...

included lwps, sounds, boot animation, video, apps

NLewis40

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
so i have a question, i love gingerbread, but everytime i get a call or a sms, once i hit the home button or end a call the screen automatically locks and i go to unlock it, and it locks all over again. i have done a battery pull and it works fine after that till the next call or sms. anything in specific i need to do or is anyone else having this problem? any info is good info.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Ok, anyone else have Swype tell them that its pre-configured for another device and will only work with limited functionality?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Swipe doesn't work for me and the multitouch keyboard is laggy but ill say this the battery life is great much better than 2.2 my kids mainly use this phone now and it last 2 days with light usage I haven't charged it since Sunday and I just got the 15% warning

Taegost

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, anyone else have Swype tell them that its pre-configured for another device and will only work with limited functionality?

Yeah, I had the exact same issue when I installed it previously. It is because of that issue that I went back to Froyo, I use Swype exclusively and I'm not willing to give it up.
If anyone has a way to fix it, I would love to know so I can hop on the Gingerbread train :)

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Try these instructions from Droid Forums:

1.Download Root Uninstaller from the app market. Uninstall, or "backup" swype to the sd card.

2.Get the swype installer from beta.swype.com. You're gonna have to register to get the download link. It sends a link to your email right away.

3. Run the swype installer (you'll need to change permissions to allow installation of non market apps). It even has a cool tutorial at the end that taught me some tricks I never knew before.

4.*UPDATE* Generate License!*

thefever23

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard on this build is a little laggy but overall I'm pretty satisfied with it. Guess I'll stick with it until the official comes out.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
The keyboard on this build is a little laggy but overall I'm pretty satisfied with it. Guess I'll stick with it until the official comes out.

I don't seem to have that issue. The new stock gingerbread keyboard has been tiptop for me. It is actually my favorite keyboard to use and I've bought and used pretty much any keyboard worth checking out. Swiftkey, ultra, smart, better, swype, gingerbread keyboard by steven lin, AI type keyboard beta, and more.