[How To] Installing Gingerbread on D2 with Root!

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Which leak did you install, the first one, or the pre-rooted one? The first one can't be rooted at all. If you want root, you need to SBF back to stock, then download and install the pre-rooted leak.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, Superuser is in the app drawer.
Running root check says files are missing.
I'll re-download the file, wipe and reinstall.

why don't you download an app that requires root to test it. Try downloading shootme from the android market and see if you are able to take screenshots. If you are able to do so then you have root.

rip14

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Any update about wireless tether? Anybody find any kind of alternative? I was just about to install this, but I can't live without my tether.

CloeHokie

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the link. No better way to give Verizon the digitus infamous than to install a tethering app.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

rip14

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
After weeks of trying I found a fix.

Download the newest version

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

When you install it change your device to Droid X even though its a D2. It is working for me and I am using it to make this post. Lol

Thanks.

I tried the v3_0-pre14.apk, but it didn't work for me. Changed it to a DX, and I could connect, but it still brought up the Verizon page.

I then installed the TBH tether patch, and in conjection with wifi tether 3.0 pre14 it finally works for me.

w00t!

CloeHokie

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

I tried the v3_0-pre14.apk, but it didn't work for me. Changed it to a DX, and I could connect, but it still brought up the Verizon page.

I then installed the TBH tether patch, and in conjection with wifi tether 3.0 pre14 it finally works for me.

w00t!

Nice! Yeah I had already tried the patch so it was on my phone. Glad you got it working though.

cwhummel

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
ok, im having problems with installing GB.

I am currently running stock froyo, rooted. I downloaded the zip at the start of this thread, put it on the sd card, reboot into recovery, choose install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sd card, ....and it isnt there.

am i missing something, or doing something wrong?

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
ok, im having problems with installing GB.

I am currently running stock froyo, rooted. I downloaded the zip at the start of this thread, put it on the sd card, reboot into recovery, choose install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sd card, ....and it isnt there.

am i missing something, or doing something wrong?

Did you put the zip in the root of the sd card? Meaning that you didn't put it in any folders?

Also, did you scroll down and check through all the files listed on the root of your sd card?

cwhummel

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Did you put the zip in the root of the sd card? Meaning that you didn't put it in any folders?

Also, did you scroll down and check through all the files listed on the root of your sd card?

No folders, top level of the sd card. Open it up in file explorer and there it is.

what do you mean check through all the files? in recovery? it doesnt show any files, just the folders, and only the folders that dont have a period in front of them. looking through file explorer when the phone is booted up it is there as well. just not in recovery.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
No folders, top level of the sd card. Open it up in file explorer and there it is.

what do you mean check through all the files? in recovery? it doesnt show any files, just the folders, and only the folders that dont have a period in front of them. looking through file explorer when the phone is booted up it is there as well. just not in recovery.

Sorry, I meant when you are selecting the zip file you have to make sure you are scrolling down to see the rest of the files. It only shows some of your files on the top half of your screen which can be deceiving because it seems like all the files are being displayed. When you scroll down you see that even though it shows your list of files with just the top half of your screen there are actually more files than is shown.

Reactions: cwhummel

cwhummel

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
ok, well, things apparently arent working so well.

GB loads up, but instead of getting the home screen, i just get a white screen. teh notification bar is there and dragable, the camera can open up, but thats about it. the rest is just a white screen. tried rebooting, still just white. this is after i had to do 3 battery pulls as it would first just light up a black screen for 10 seconds, then reboot and do the same. finally, it booted normal, but stuck at the droid boot-image for a long time before finally loading up. but, white screen, and the roaming signal is there.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

w00t!

The same thing is happening to me. I keep getting sent to the verizon page. Where did you download the tbh tether patch?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc