Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

Quote Originally Posted by nubee View Post
    First off, THANKS for the guide.

Now for my questions.
    Because my phone is not displaying the menu buttons, I can't get set turn on debugging mode in PC mode. (1) Does my phone need to be in debug mode to flash successfully?
    If you're phone is not in USB debugging thats fine, just open up to the bootloader (power and up arrow on keyboard) and then try RSDlite.

I also tried to enter bootloader by way of the power/up button. The phone just shows the Moto Logo. RSD shows connected. (2) Am I good to load the SBF? How do I exit this mode? None of the buttons worked and only way to get the phone to respond again was battery removal.
    I would use the other method to actually enter the bootloader. It will be a black screen with some white lettering.
    (3) Lastly, RSD showed different phone data when connected in PC mode and power/up button. Is this normal? Is there a better/preferred way to flash?

Thanks.
    If you downloaded the right files then you should be fine. RSDlite will say the the SBF has all sorts of weird things like 4G and whatnot, but the monster_2.3.2 will work on the D2
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II

Quote Originally Posted by corydunbar View Post
    this is correct
    I looked carefully inside Monster_2.3.2_4.5.153_updater_Rooted.zip and there is no .sbf file. There are no files that RSD can open. What am I doing wrong?

Am I suppose to use RSD or just rename that folder to update.zip and do an update?

sorry for all the questions, but the information does not seem straight forward.

thanks again for all the help.

Also found this, should I use this instead?

found this
    link to
    Last edited by nubee; 04-28-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Anyone has any advised on how to unlock Motorola Droid 2 Global. I bought it from Amazon full price but I am in canada.
    I can not use the phone and was wondering if there is any work around. New to the Droid.
    thanks
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

I looked carefully inside Monster_2.3.2_4.5.153_updater_Rooted.zip and there is no .sbf file. There are no files that RSD can open. What am I doing wrong?

Am I suppose to use RSD or just rename that folder to update.zip and do an update?

sorry for all the questions, but the information does not seem straight forward.

thanks again for all the help.

Also found this, should I use this instead?

found this
    link to
    the monster_2.3.2 file you downloaded should be a .zip folder then you extract it . once you have done that open the new folder and there should be a .sbf file in it. I haven't done this in a while so i ma be wrong though. let me know how it works.
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

There is no .sbf file in Monster_2.3.2_4.5.153_updater_Rooted.

Default same problem

Quote Originally Posted by freddyfromutah View Post
    I downloaded and extracted the .zip of the sbf, but it wont show in rsd lite, what am I doing wrong?
    The same thing is happening to me. I can't find the .sbf file! I downloaded the monster_2-1.3.2?4.5.153_updater_Rooted.zip but can't find the .sbf!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

I just fixed the link. somehow they got switched to th wrong file. try again. this will be a .zip folder that you extract to obtain the .SBF file

I have two problems, I made it to step 10 but I can't get it to stop bootlooping so I can wipe data and cache. And what does bull battery means
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

if its bootlooping, then disconnect your device from your computer and remove the battery. as you turn it back on, hold power and volume up i believe to open into the stock recovery. then push both volume keys simultaneously to make the text viewable. then select wipe data and cache. and follow the instructions.

OK I'm not panicing yet!!! I get all the way to loading RAM downloader for bootloader and it fails. Pulling battery brings me back to the bootloader screen. Bootloader screen says code corrupt, Battery OK, OK to program, Connect USB Data Cable. Please help before I start to panic...

Thank's for the help, I'm back to stock. But for my droid 2, I had to hold down power and x on my keyboard, then press the search key on on the keyboard.
    Last edited by thekid4770; 05-09-2011 at 11:17 AM.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

keyboard open and closed require different controls

So now I'm starting to panic! I tried downloaded the SBF again and tried it. Got to same point. Guess what happened next? Battery died and I'm sitting at bootloader with it telling me that I have corrupt code and low battery that does not have enuff charge to program... suggestions? Cuz as everyone knows the phone does not charge in bootloader.

thank you very much>>>
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

Quote Originally Posted by imjarhed View Post
    So now I'm starting to panic! I tried downloaded the SBF again and tried it. Got to same point. Guess what happened next? Battery died and I'm sitting at bootloader with it telling me that I have corrupt code and low battery that does not have enuff charge to program... suggestions? Cuz as everyone knows the phone does not charge in bootloader.
    do you know anyone with a motorola android device? they could charge you up. or you could buy a battery charger off ebay for about 3 dollars.

Thanked by:

Default Lost 3G connection on my Droid 2 (A955)

I recently change my sbf to the blur 300 and lost my 3G connection I have done the factory reset and even tried to re-rooting to see if that would fix the issue. What ca I do to fix this problem?

Default Re: How to SBF back to stock

Thank you so much! This was a huge help. I was running the leaked version of GingerBread on my Droid2 and i loved it at first, but all the little bugs started to annoy me so i wanted to get back to stock froyo. So if anyone else is running the leaked GB version, this will work and get you back to stock. I did notice a couple things that i had to do different and i just wanted to let you know in case other people run into these problems.

"12) enter recovery by holding power and volume down. "

i was not able to get this step to work with my phone open or closed. I got it to work by holding down the "x" on my physical keyboard while holding down the power button. This got me into recovery mode (the green android standing under the exclamation point in a triangle). I found this at this link:

"13) when the android guy with a caution triangle around him appears click press either (power and volume down, or power and volume up, or volume up and down) [sorry about that i cant remember which one it is off hand] simultaneously until the blue menu fonts appear."

i also could not get this step to work with my phone open or closed. I had to press the search button (the magnifying glass on the physical keyboard) to get the blue text to show. i also found this at:

"14) use the volume down button to hover over “wipe data/ factory reset” and click the power button to select. then confirm your selection by following the commands."

On this step, i had to use the camera button (located under the volume button) to select certain commands.

Thank you so much again!
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

I'll update the OP as well as clarify how to proceed.
    Last edited by corydunbar; 06-29-2011 at 10:11 AM.

I just wanted to thank you for posting this. After HOURS of searching, this is what got my phone back to normal after I made some changes to it without reading more carefully. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I will stay far away from other Droid information sources now!
    PlanetDope likes this.

Worked Great, Thanks!!! Just as written....

Does this work on a mac? If not, is there a way to sbf back to stock on a mac?

This solution worked for me.
    Last edited by justin1578; 09-05-2011 at 08:04 PM.

hope I get an answer on this.... I want to sbf my R2D2 back to a D2 in order to get the GB update. I have not done something like this before, but I am pretty confident I can do it no worries. My question is this; how do I backup my data on the phone to my PC without being rooted? I'm sure I am going to lose everything that is not stock, i.e apps, Go Launcher, etc.... I know my contacts are not an issue, but what about everything else? My pics must be on my memory card. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    So there's no native R2D2 file? I only ask because I know that the D2's and R2's exact system version is slightly different.
    I'm getting "phone is not compatible" error after executing 100% with rsd, so I'm assuming this does not work with r2d2. Let me know if you have a different experience.

Thank you so much for these instructions. I was unable to boot past the moto symbol and couldn't get to any of my backups but this made my phone usable again. THANK YOU!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast