Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

Default Re: How to SBF back to stock

Quote Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
    hope I get an answer on this.... I want to sbf my R2D2 back to a D2 in order to get the GB update. I have not done something like this before, but I am pretty confident I can do it no worries. My question is this; how do I backup my data on the phone to my PC without being rooted? I'm sure I am going to lose everything that is not stock, i.e apps, Go Launcher, etc.... I know my contacts are not an issue, but what about everything else? My pics must be on my memory card. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    These SBF files do not work for the r2d2. I havent really followed the r2d2 because its not as common. but there may be an SBF floating around over at mydroidworld.com. As for losing all your phone data when you SBF guaranteed. If you're not rooted the best you can do is hope that the apps you use backup settings and saved games on your micro SDcard. many do, but a lot don't as well. so i'd just check in the settings of all my applications if i were you.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

Default Re: Lost 3G connection on my Droid 2 (A955)

Quote Originally Posted by Tezie28 View Post
    I recently change my sbf to the blur 300 and lost my 3G connection I have done the factory reset and even tried to re-rooting to see if that would fix the issue. What ca I do to fix this problem?
    wasn't that the build that included profiles like the droid pro? i don't know if you;re able to SBF back to froyo then.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II

The flash worked fine but now My phone won't come out of bootloader. Its stuck there. Tried battery pull, power-x, power-vol-down. Nada

My phone wasn't rooted - It wouldn't accept the OTA to .607 or .608 so I tried this to see if flashing it back to new would work. Now its a brick

Cory,
    I hope you can help me ... I tried to root my phone with zombiestomped and ended up bootlooping. clockworkmod wasnt properly flashed so I can only get into the stock recovery which wont let me use the backup i did with clockworkmod (was using clockworkmod bootstrapper to get into it).

I tried your instructions but when I hit start in rsdlite it instantly says:
    Failed Flashing Process. Failed Flashing Process. (0x7100) phone connected

please help!

EDIT-EDIT-EDIT-EDIT
    the 5th post on this page
    Droid X stuck at bootloader: failed flashing process. 0x7100; phone connected
    solves the above problem

Talking Re: How to SBF back to stock

first post! i just want to say thanks for the write up! it worked on my droid 2 without a glitch

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    BuglessBeast JB 4.1.1

Ok I'm pretty screwed here as I have the Magical " Code Corrupt" Screen & every time I try to flash an SBF back to stock like .29 or .33 I get the error on RSDLite for "Flashing Process Failed". Everything works until it hits the BP Switch portion & I'm not too sure what I need to do in order to fix my phone. As right now it's basically Soft Bricked & unsure what options I do have. Someone Please Help!! Thnx Peeps

Using RSD Lite: 5.5
    SBF: .29 & .33 available
    Victory Is Mine!!

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

look on the first page in the "corrupt code" error section...give that a try

There's a different sbf for the Global: 2.4.330. It has small changes, but using 29 will just require you to take 330 anyway if you're going to its gb; if you're going to flash ota gb (which I've done before), 29 works just fine.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    BuglessBeast JB 4.1.1

I tried to use what was said in the first page & got nothing but errors I've even used the .330 sbf with problems too. Heck I've even updated the drivers for RSD Lite as well too. I'm frustrated beyond belief & never had trouble like this before. The only real reason I care to do this is cause Selling Purposes to get a Galaxy Nexus or Perhaps a Droid Razor either way I gotta fix this phone asap. Thnx!
    Victory Is Mine!!

I had the same problem with my D2g; I downloaded a different sbf file from a different source and didn't have that problem. Just a thought.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    BuglessBeast JB 4.1.1

What would be a good source if someone had a good link lemme know thnx
    Victory Is Mine!!

Thanks a lot, you helped me save my bricked Droid X with these instructions for Battery Low issues. Thanks again! Keep up the great work!

Feds shut down the site hosting the firmware download. Somewhere else I can get it?

Quote Originally Posted by sktyner View Post
    Feds shut down the site hosting the firmware download. Somewhere else I can get it?
    droid 2 or droid 2 global

edit:
    Droid 2 Global: ezSBF http://rootzwiki.com/topic/17010-ezs...-sbf-and-root/

Droid 2: SBF for 2.3.20 http://www.multiupload.com/R6VS5FFISB

Can someone PLEASE post an SBF file that's not hosted on megaupload or multiupload? Megaupload is obviously gone, and I don't know what's up with multiupload, but it does not work. Thanks!

[ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .APK to root
    I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)

okay so i did everything right but when its at 99% it says failed to flash.
    what do i do about this. please help me.

which one did you use

Is there no way to find a good froyo sbf for the droid 2 (not global?)

edit: you don't want that one
    look for 2.3.20 SBF

try here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...76&postcount=2

or go ezSBF iso file burn to disc or usb drive
    boots to linux, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ool-ezsbf.html

Finally!!!! Thank YOU!

hi guys
    i am new here, i just tried to install cynogen 7 mode to my droid2g, but i made a mistake as my system updated before to .621 version and after i fiished, the phone hanged at the moto logo and tried to flash it by rsd lite 4.6 and 5.6 but after i got to recovery mode and start flash, flashing fail and i got an error code corrupt, can't do anything with my phone , what ever i did, i pressed x key and power, volume and power, no option appears, just the recovery mode screen with bootloader do.11, code corrupt, battery ok, ok to program, connect usb, data cable
    any help please
    i am new with android

if you have droid 2 global, update is 4.5.629
    Blur_Version.4.5.608.A956.Verizon.en.US.zip
    if you can access sd card with pc place zip on sd card not in folder then boot to android recovery x + power, when you see android andy and !, press both volume buttons, install update from sd card

if not you need to sbf with [How-to] [SBF] unbricking & root D2g 629 / Droid 2 Global - RootzWiki

I have a DROID 2...it is rooted.does anyone know how to unroot this phone back to factory settings ?? I have tried everything...no dice...

I have tried different sbf files...and used the RSD lite...nothing...phone wont go back to original Verizon factory settings...

Please,please help !!!

easiest is unroot with same program you rooted with, and do a factory reset

are you getting errors, with rsdlite?
    do you know how to use rsdlite
    read Droid Wiki: SBF, Recovery, CWM info

you could try D2 ezSBF

recommend wiping data before and after
    where are getting SBFs try
    Droid SBFs or Droid-Developers SBF

edit: and don't use 2.3.4/ 4.5.621 aka 1FF-p2a_droid2_cdma_droid2-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DR4-51-120117-release-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf
    unless that is you had
    are you unzipping them, sbfs need to end in .sbf not .gz, .zip, .rar. or .7z
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast