1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid2 Freezing

I've had a droid2 for about a month and been having it freeze up to the point I have to remove the battery to restart. Last night it took three tries to get it back. I love the phone, and I don't want to wait to get a replacement. In looking at other forums it seems this is a common issue.

I have not found a clear answer about this anywhere so I thought I would ask. (If there is an answer please point me in the right direction.) I am wondering if I root the phone and try a different rom if the freezing issue goes away? If so is there a good rom to use instead of the stock one? I read somewhere that rooting the phone voids the warranty so I'm really looking for the best course of action. Do I replace the phone or is this something I can fix on my own?

I forgive my newness.

Thanks

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

the gingerbread leak for the droid 2 is fantastic and extremely stable. the only thing you will have to sacrifice is your ability to use headphones as that has a bug in the current build.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I use the phone at work to listen to music and need to use the headphones, so I would prefer not to give that up. Can you give me any other suggestions?

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

liberty 2.0 is my next sugestion. Fission is also good, but the dev has almost completely disappeared so i think that might be a dry well for future ROMs
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II

I'm running the gingerbread leak and I use my headphones all the time. I've never heard of that even being an issue. I'm in new york city and I listen to my music with my headphones everytime I'm in the subway.

I also use the gingerbread leak on my d2, the first rooted one (build STAB) and I haven't had an issue with either wired or Motorokr bluetooth headphone.

Default Re: Droid2 Freezing

put the gingerbread ROM on my droid 2, and phone is unstable... can anyone help me get back to stock???