1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car Window Mount

Mine didn't come with the actual cigarette lighter adapter... anyone else experience this? The box doesn't specifically mention it in the contents, but the mounts book does. I called Motorola and got them to send me a free one. I'm just wondering if I was unlucky or if they really were just too cheap to include one with this $40 accessory.

Default Re: Car Window Mount

i was thinking about picking one of these up. any thoughts on quality? (besides the missing piece, of course)

I think the one verizon offers is charger-less, so they can get you on a charger as well. Seems that all the other retailers sell a product that is car dock w/ rapid charger.

I can't believe verizon would be $39 on a car dock w/ rapid charger when amazon and the like are all around $45+

*Purchased the verizon car window mount which comes with a micro usb connector for a car charger. It also has a removable insert that allows the dock to support the D3 with a hard shell case.
    Last edited by complexx; 07-20-2011 at 07:02 AM.

I purchased the car mount thru Verizon and found it to be lacking the cigarette lighter adapter. The options were to buy a full car charger (with cord) or just the small stub adapter. Either way, the total price exceeded that option at Amazon of the entire kit (with the rapid charger). I returned the two boxes to Verizon and bought the kit from Amazon for $45.

Beyond the purchase annoyance, the car mount itself works great. The Droid 3 slides in easily and fits tightly (with the option of mounting the phone with or without a case). The cables are about the right length and I like the fact that power and audio both are contained in one cord coming from the car mount (versus the two cords required when I mounted my older Droid 1).

I would not hesitate at all to purchase the car mount.