Shell/Holster Combo

otacon#AC

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Works with the Extended Battery and Multimedia Dock. No binding at all with the slide. I like the texture doesn't feel like it's going to slide out of my hand.

v78c40.jpg

6yiicz.jpg

zwnl09.jpg

oizxiq.jpg

cozz

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
i got one a put it on for about a day before i took it off. i definitely loved the feel of it. however on my case there was some rubbing going on with the clip on the bottom part of the screen cover, which was rubbing the phone near where the mic whole is whenever i opened/closed it. also, i personally did not like how much thickness it added to the back of the phone by the battery cover, which i figure was to accommodate the kickstand. just my 2 cents. i did have this same shell/holster combo on my d2 for 90% of the time

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You guys are lucky, did you get these at a retail store or online. So far I have checked Verizon and authorized agents and can't find one at all. Online its back ordered, the only way to get one is to buy the bundle with a car charger and screen protector (don't need them). Really sux's how verizon is dropping the ball on the only holster they carry.

otacon#AC

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
When Seidio comes out with a holster I'll end up getting that but I can't stand pouches and this is the only holster out to my knowledge.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I did get mine on Monday, funny how you have to drive all over town and visit 4 Verizon corporate stores and 5 authorized agents to finally find them. The smallest corporate store in my market had them.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Anybody have some tips on fast installation/removal. I had mine put on at the VZW corporate store and I can't figure out how to get it off. I'm only wondering because the time may come when I need to swap out the battery on a long weekend away from the office.

Lsx346

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
i have it until the body glove comes out. i shaved down the tabs that rub on the phone and now its smooth sliding it out

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I got mine yesterday when I ordered my d3. I have the similar one for blackberry whick I'm getting rid of. But I love the look & texture of it. Used to use leather holster but those fell apart too easy. They don't add too much bulk but protect very well.

astro_zombii

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
just ordered this case, quick question, how "sticky" is the case while using the sliding mechanism, like would having the case on ruin the keyboard at all with normal use?

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
just ordered this case, quick question, how "sticky" is the case while using the sliding mechanism, like would having the case on ruin the keyboard at all with normal use?

If you mean how does it slide, any rubbing? It seemed to slighty rub for the first day or so but now it is perfect. No problems at all. ;)

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I have that case. I love the feel of it and it protects the phone very, very well. The holster doesn't clip to your belt very securely, but I don't use it much. (It's OK, but the Blackberry one was better.) Also, I have a *really* hard time taking it off, which is my biggest gripe. I always feel like I'm going to pry the keyboard and screen apart by accident. The Otterbox comes off much more easily. (On the other hand, the Otterbox is kinda slippery, though.)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Been using for a month and like it. Kinda bulky, really like the feel of phone without shell (alot thinner) but keep using because protection. Love the holster and how it protects. And the shell is a pain to take off.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I tried the Shell/Holster Combo at the Verizon store. I loved the feel and the way it looked, but it rubbed too much for me to feel comfortable with it on my new phone. I ordered the Qmadix Snap-On Cover with Holster and it is even better. It doesn't have the kick stand thing, but the case is awesome. I picked it up for about $17 shipped from Amazon. I highly recommend it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek