D3 ROM Manager Questions

RADroid

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted, and deleting the Bloatware was nice but I can't wait to get to the meat and flash roms like i loved to do on my OG Droid, I have installed ClockwordMod Rom Manager, and when I went to Flash the CMRecovery The Droid3 isn't on the phone model list yet. the Atrix is however. Will it brick my phone if I attempt to load another phones recovery? I am sure that I will have to wait until they can write one for the D3, but does anyone know if there is a blog or somewhere that i can read up on the progress? I am assuming this needs to be done before the ROMing can begin.

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
D3 has an encrypted, signed bootloader and there is, as yet, no way to replace that bootloader with CWM Recovery (or any other bootloader, for that matter). In fact, the stock ROM hasn't even been generate yet, so if you brick your phone by removing or changing something, there is no going back right now.

-SR-

RADroid

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Balls, Glad I asked. That is the same thing that happened with the Droid 2 and DX right? so it may just be a matter of time? or do you think the D3 will be harder/not have enough people working on it due to relatively small launch?

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Seems like the folks over at xda have been working diligently on all manner of hackery for the D3, so I wouldn't worry about getting the support. As for how long it will take... who knows.

-SR-

RADroid

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
ClockworkMod Recovery Booted Up On DROID3 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

They *just* posted over on droid life that the CWM Recovery has been booted up on the Droid3. pretty stoked. there isn't a link to where they got the info yet, I'm assuming XDA.

twitter.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol