flashing phone to other carriers

necronomicon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I was on craigslist today looking a phones and came upon this post for a D3 for sale and it said that was flashed to work on cricket. If I get it can I rest it back to verizon?

BenSWoodruff

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I was on craigslist today looking a phones and came upon this post for a D3 for sale and it said that was flashed to work on cricket. If I get it can I rest it back to verizon?

Yes, you can put your phone back to stock very easily. Here is a link to the post on xda: Fast/Easy unbrick - Droid 3 (XT862) - xda-developers

It will reset pretty much every aspect of the phone, as far as I know, even if it's bricked. My phone had the xt883 ROM and radio.img and no recovery installed, so this was the only way for me to get back to stock. Worked great :)

Enjoy!

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
It was likely flashed to work on cricket for a reason. Most of the time the phone is on the lost/stolen list or delinquent account list. Before you get it,I would call Verizon and check the esn first.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It was likely flashed to work on cricket for a reason. Most of the time the phone is on the lost/stolen list or delinquent account list. Before you get it,I would call Verizon and check the esn first.
This is a big red flag here... I completely agree...

Flashed to cricket/boost or some other 3rd party carrier is commonly a red flag for a bad ESN.

If the CL seller won't provide you with a ESN # to verify then I would immediately walk.

lethalinjectionj

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I would get it checked. And since the d3 has a locked bootloader the maid/pesn cannot be changed (I flash phones) the one on the phone is the original Verizon one. Just call and double check

Sent from my DROID3