Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default flashing phone to other carriers

I was on craigslist today looking a phones and came upon this post for a D3 for sale and it said that was flashed to work on cricket. If I get it can I rest it back to verizon?

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: flashing phone to other carriers

Quote Originally Posted by necronomicon View Post
    I was on craigslist today looking a phones and came upon this post for a D3 for sale and it said that was flashed to work on cricket. If I get it can I rest it back to verizon?
    Yes, you can put your phone back to stock very easily. Here is a link to the post on xda: Fast/Easy unbrick - Droid 3 (XT862) - xda-developers

It will reset pretty much every aspect of the phone, as far as I know, even if it's bricked. My phone had the xt883 ROM and radio.img and no recovery installed, so this was the only way for me to get back to stock. Worked great :-)

Enjoy!

It was likely flashed to work on cricket for a reason. Most of the time the phone is on the lost/stolen list or delinquent account list. Before you get it,I would call Verizon and check the esn first.

Quote Originally Posted by murof View Post
    It was likely flashed to work on cricket for a reason. Most of the time the phone is on the lost/stolen list or delinquent account list. Before you get it,I would call Verizon and check the esn first.
    This is a big red flag here... I completely agree...

Flashed to cricket/boost or some other 3rd party carrier is commonly a red flag for a bad ESN.

If the CL seller won't provide you with a ESN # to verify then I would immediately walk.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

ROM
    ThunderStick Full Blown

I would get it checked. And since the d3 has a locked bootloader the maid/pesn cannot be changed (I flash phones) the one on the phone is the original Verizon one. Just call and double check

Sent from my DROID3
    Apple Sucks