ICS ROMs - how are they so far?

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
OK - I know I'm a wimp, but I require a working phone for work. So I'd really like to hear from some users about the ICS ROM(s) out there. I think it's great that Hashcode is doing so much, and I have donated to him on Paypal..... I am just wimping out on installing Safestrap and the ICS ROM until I hear feedback.

I also figure that there's gotta be a few other wimps like me who want to hear first, try later, lol! :D

Last edited:

diggy15

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have been running ICS for about 2-3 weeks now and I have to say that it is running rather well. If your a person who needs the camera or the camera flash light for your phone I wouldn't use it as it doesn't work. Been running Alpha 4 now for 2 days and I have yet to see a force close or any issues other then wifi resets its self periodically. I would say give it a shot. Especially if you are using safestrap because if you don't like it you have the ability to revert back to stock quickly and there is no need to set it up again.

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the info! I am interested.... but I use the camera flash for a flash light all the time! I think I'd kinda miss that. So maybe I'll wait for alpha 5 or more.

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried out the ICS Alpha 4 last night, seemed OK. Safestrap works great! Much easier to go back to stock than the more complicated solutions on the Samsung Epic I had before.

As to ICS, in the few minutes I tried it, it was OK. I didn't try it long enough to say much, as I wanted camera to use today with kids :)

ILL REPUTE

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
The ICS ROM by hash of codes is pretty nice, I had a few forceclose issues with the "Data Usage" in the settings,"Netflix" would only play the audio and "Crackle" would just give me a black screen, as Diggy15 said, if you don't mind not having a camera/flash its a good ROM, also the browser is much better than anything I have seen so far on ICS. as well as the overall layout of everything. :) give it a shot

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the info- but with two young kids, I gotta have the camera working! Still, I keep checking back every couple days waiting for it...

ILL REPUTE

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
um do you mean cm9?

I had CM9 for awhile, than I jumped to CM7 to give it a shot, now I am back to CM9. CM7 was just giving me issues like no other, alot of foreclose issues mainly. but bboo dad was talking about the camera on CM9 and since HOC has not released a patch yet to get the camera working, CM7 might work for him, at least for now :p

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I figure Hash of Codes will come through with a patch/ROM that will work for all the similar Droids before too long, and with camera. Just a matter of time...

akronevan2

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a question for you. I have Steel Droid with a GO Launcher EX ICS theme, which works well, but like all of you I want to be at the forefront of sweet android goodness. I am wondering if I would have to delete the backup made with bootstrap in order to install safestrap? Also, has anyone tried Alpha 7?

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
you can't use any other backups with safestrap, per Hash Code's blog. But you could always just store the backup on your PC or and SD card.

I haven't tried Alpha 7 yet, but probably will this weekend, as I am now only using the Droid3 for work with the medical apps on it, and back to my Pre3 for a phone. webOS is just so much nicer to use than Android!

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Even though I would much rather have the ics leaked in those razr screenshot.. I wanted to try out CM9.

But they are looking good, glad the cameras working, too bad not the recording. I hope all the glitches will be out soon.

Anyways, I am doubting myself on trying to figure out Safestrap and flashing either cm7 or 7 or any other rom. All the videos i find are bootstrap. I want to try ics, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21