Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on this problem I am having? When trying to install and apply a theme my phone just reboots. The download process completes, then gives a message saying installing null, then the my droid 3 just reboots and nothing has changed. If anyone could help that would be great!
    09-15-2012 05:58 PM
    Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on this problem I am having? When trying to install and apply a theme my phone just reboots. The download process completes, then gives a message saying installing null, then the my droid 3 just reboots and nothing has changed. If anyone could help that would be great!
    This is a known issue with MavROM 4.5. However, there is a solution: after you run the toolbox item to create the theme, it will create a zip file on internal storage in /Maverick/Themes - the name should be obvious. Just flash that file in Recovery, like you were flashing a ROM (do *not* wipe data/factory reset though!). I would do a Nandroid backup first, just in case, but this will apply the theme.
    C.D.Sats likes this.
    09-17-2012 04:12 PM
    After this post I saw that it was an issue but this is the 1st solution I have heard of. Thank you for responding! I already have a backup so I will try it.
    09-18-2012 01:04 AM
    It worked like a charm. Thanks again!
    09-18-2012 01:36 AM
    No problem.
    09-18-2012 10:23 AM
    I am having the same exact issue with my mavrom setup. I have been on xda and a few other sites with not a single reply. I will be very thankful if you can help me. I love mavron 4.5 but the toolbox is very flaky. I would like to install the ripperred theme. the only one I like. But i get the installing null then reboot and nothing. After checking the folder for the zip it is empty. There is a folder there that says ripperred but it is empty as well. Can you please help. I was hoping to get a mirror or link to the ripperred theme zip file. I found it online at only one spot but the link does not work and there are no mirrors and i get no reply when asking for one. Thannks in advance!
    07-04-2013 06:44 PM