- 37 Posts
- Rooted Touchwiz
A buddy of mine is getting bored with his stock Droid 3 but is waiting for his contract to expire for a new phone. Have any ROM suggestions that have little to zero things broken? I'm running CM10 nightlies on my S3 and thought maybe CM7 for him but looks like there is plenty not working.
- 10-11-2012, 05:40 PM #2
Re: ROM Suggestions
Liberty is probably the best one that feels non-stock, but it hasn't been updated for a while and doesn't incorporate the changes that Moto made in the 906 OTA in May. That said, it's very stable and worth a try.
Otherwise, close-to-stock ROMs that seem to run well include Maverick and Steel Droid (the Gingerbread rather than the ICS version). Both have unfortunate customizations (i.e., fonts, color schemes) that bother me, but your friend may like them. (Maverick, for example, uses a typeface that makes it impossible to distinguish normal from bold text, which makes seeing which messages are unread in the GMail app very difficult.)
I strongly suggest rooting with Motofail, and installing the Safestrap bootstrap and recovery, which will preserve the stock ROM as is while you test out other custom ROMs.
Motofail: Security Research by Dan Rosenberg
Safestrap: How-To Safestrap Hash-of-Codes
Steel Droid: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ste...11-2012-a.html
- 12-21-2012, 01:23 PM #4
- By mack in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 21Last Post: 01-23-2011, 04:29 AM
- By lornaevo in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 11-23-2010, 06:22 PM
- By sicario666 in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 11-18-2010, 12:57 AM
- By ragnarokx in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 12Last Post: 11-07-2010, 11:11 PM
- By Dperks17 in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 09-17-2010, 02:31 PM