Unresponsive Android 4

ThatWillLearnMe

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a Motorola Android 4 that is now completely unresponsive to the touch. It had been acting like that a little bit now and then lately but it is completely inaccessible now. I can't shut it down but have let the battery run down, recharge and come back up. I have not rooted or reset the thing yet. However, I have transferred my mobile service to a new phone. I was able to connect the Droid to my computer via USB and copy the internal storage and the SD card to my hard drive. I had MyBackupPro or something like that which I used just once since it took so long. Other than that, no backup, hence my user name here.

Is there any way at all I can retrieve my contacts and data from my NoteEverything app I had on the Droid?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Were your contacts saved to your Google account, or only to the local Phone account? If they're in your Google account, then they're automatically synced with your Google cloud (which is why I always recommend this, in case of these kinds of problems). If they're in the local Phone account, then it's much harder to access them, since they're stored in an SQLite database file in a protected system directory.

Data from that NoteEverything app might be in a file that you can copy--check the directories on the phone for a NoteEverything directory. It might be a subdirectory of /Android or /data. The directory might be named after the software company, not the app.

If the screen is unresponsive, you could also try connecting a USB mouse via OTG cable, which if recognized, would eliminate the need to touch the screen.

ThatWillLearnMe

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks so much for the tip on the cable. I can now get back into the phone and manually retrieve what I need! It's cumbersome since I have to reboot all the time but I'm not totally lost. Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund