Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Two Verizon employees said Bionic was scrapped.

So I was up at my VZW store getting my wife's Droid 2 downgraded to an Iphone 4. Yes, I know, shoot me now. She just wanted it because "There are so many cute cases for it". They asked if I was getting one too. I told them I am waiting for the Bionic to finally come out and the guy said he had just heard that they had scrapped that phone and are no longer going to make it. i asked another sales lady about it and she said the same thing. Now, i don't believe them for one second but I will be sure to order mine from one of those two employees when it does finally come out and see if they remember our conversation.

Default Re: Two Verizon employees said Bionic was scrapped.

etna was scrapped yeah. Targa is on its way soon
    adinofaries likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

ha that's because most of them haven't been given any info since the original was scrapped. Vzw knows they wouldn't be able to not say anything about it.

Yep the idiots at best buy were saying the same thing. Don't believe it for a second.

There was a post on another thread from a guy who went to verizon last weekend with his droid 3 to look for some accessories. The reps told him the droid 3 wasn't out yet and tried to convince him that the droid 3 he had was actually a droid 2. that says everything you need to know about verizon reps.
    orchidsbloom likes this.

I was talking to a Verizon rep on the phone yesterday and she was trying to a factory reset on my phone remotely when my phone wouldn't even power on... and yes she was doing this while the battery was out. I wouldn't believe a word they tell you.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gorgalis View Post
    I was talking to a Verizon rep on the phone yesterday and she was trying to a factory reset on my phone remotely when my phone wouldn't even power on... and yes she was doing this while the battery was out. I wouldn't believe a word they tell you.
    hahah good old verizon that sounds like something the rep would try and do. One time I went in and they were looking at my phone because I was getting reboots and I had rom manager and superuser on it and the lady asked what rom manager was and the guy rep was like I think it is something all your apps go to. I just smiled and said thats exactly what it is.

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

These stories about the Verizon reps are classic!

ROM
    Stock

I actually had a guy at Best Buy tonight tell me the Bionic was scrapped too. Weird. I'm not sure where they get all this misinformation from. I also went to a non-corporate Verizon store and the guy there told me that there was going to be, and I quote, "a phone that dual booted both Android and iOS and was being made by Apple to run on the Android network." Seriously, this statement was so ridiculous that I could not be making this up. I told the guy there was so much wrong with that statement that I didn't know where to begin. I asked him when did Android get its own network. All he said was that this mystical, magical phone (that Steve Jobs would never sign off on, ever) was coming in the next couple months. I said thank you for making my night with just one comment and left before I said something I was going to regret. Wow. Just wow.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by f150fan View Post
    I actually had a guy at Best Buy tonight tell me the Bionic was scrapped too. Weird. I'm not sure where they get all this misinformation from. I also went to a non-corporate Verizon store and the guy there told me that there was going to be, and I quote, "a phone that dual booted both Android and iOS and was being made by Apple to run on the Android network." Seriously, this statement was so ridiculous that I could not be making this up. I told the guy there was so much wrong with that statement that I didn't know where to begin. I asked him when did Android get its own network. All he said was that this mystical, magical phone (that Steve Jobs would never sign off on, ever) was coming in the next couple months. I said thank you for making my night with just one comment and left before I said something I was going to regret. Wow. Just wow.
    That is what they were told months ago that the bionic was scrapped and never were reinformed that it was indeed actually coming. Because of all verizon would never risk leaks getting out so they keep their workers in the dark.

Im not even that knowledgeable about phones but I always feel like I know more than the reps. Asking them questions about devices that I know they dont know the answer to.

"does this phones browser have Flash support?"
    ------"yes! this phone has a really good flash"
    "does the front camera (DInc2) work for video chat apps, like skype?"
    ------"I dont know about Skype but I know it does FaceTime for sure"

the list goes on.

If i had more dough to play around with I'd wait for the Bionic for sure.. unless it gets the Bing treatment or other stupid verizon idea added to it. thank goodness for these forums.

Yes Verizon reps recently sold my friend the Charge and told him it was the original Bionic and it had a dual core processor LOL! My friend is not tech savy at all. The guy also tells him "Bro its Samsung their the best! They make tv's!"

Quote Originally Posted by sux2bu View Post
    So I was up at my VZW store getting my wife's Droid 2 downgraded to an Iphone 4. Yes, I know, shoot me now. She just wanted it because "There are so many cute cases for it". They asked if I was getting one too. I told them I am waiting for the Bionic to finally come out and the guy said he had just heard that they had scrapped that phone and are no longer going to make it. i asked another sales lady about it and she said the same thing. Now, i don't believe them for one second but I will be sure to order mine from one of those two employees when it does finally come out and see if they remember our conversation.
    Just them being good salespeople. Why would they want to sell you on a phone that you MIGHT come back for (could find a better deal online, or go to another store, etc) when they could just sell you on a phone they actually have in stock that day. Salespeople sell the products they have in stock, that's kinda their job.

I went to a Verizon store the other night after a meeting, I had some extra time so I thought I check an X2 to see the new screen. The rep pointed me to the X1 and says here's the X2. I noted the the camera button on the side and the fact that it said X1 on the panel next to the phone. The rep retorted, 'they're the same exact phone.'

I said 'not really. show me the thunderbolt, I'd like to see this 4G speed' he forgot the password to unlock the phone... so I left. Oh I did inquire to the Bionic and he said he hadn't even heard of it and doesn't think a phone like that would come out soon.

It's just a job to them, they could care less about the phone. Probably going to school for something else or trying to earn a quick buck, but have no real interest in the matter. But that's how the world is sometimes. I'll probably preorder the Bionic anyways so i won't have to dance with these clowns on the release day.

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    Just them being good salespeople. Why would they want to sell you on a phone that you MIGHT come back for (could find a better deal online, or go to another store, etc) when they could just sell you on a phone they actually have in stock that day. Salespeople sell the products they have in stock, that's kinda their job.
    Selling what you have in stock is being a good salesperson. Knowingly lying about a future product is not.

I have had VZW reps asking ME about the Bionic and when it will be released LOL. Do not put a lot of trust into what they know until about a week before the expected release date as a good rule of thumb.

I was at a VZW corporate store last week and was comparing the SAMOLED screen on the DROID Charge to the qHD pentile screen on the DX2 (wanted to see for myself why all the hate for the pentile, doesn't seem THAT bad IMO...) but the rep I was talking to, who just happened to have a nice little "FLOOR MANAGER" tag hanging around his neck, proceeded to tell me that the DX2 was NOT a qHD screen, but only 800x480. He had also let me know prior to this that even though the maps don't show my area (Des Moines, IA) being slated for 4G LTE this year (while smaller markets around us already have it - grrrrrrrr), that we will in fact be getting it by the end of this year. I was initially pretty psych'd about that, but seeing as how he didn't know the screen type on the DX2, he probably really doesn't have a clue about the 4G LTE roll-out either......

Quote Originally Posted by D1andOnlyOmen View Post
    I was at a VZW corporate store last week and was comparing the SAMOLED screen on the DROID Charge to the qHD pentile screen on the DX2 (wanted to see for myself why all the hate for the pentile, doesn't seem THAT bad IMO...) but the rep I was talking to, who just happened to have a nice little "FLOOR MANAGER" tag hanging around his neck, proceeded to tell me that the DX2 was NOT a qHD screen, but only 800x480. He had also let me know prior to this that even though the maps don't show my area (Des Moines, IA) being slated for 4G LTE this year (while smaller markets around us already have it - grrrrrrrr), that we will in fact be getting it by the end of this year. I was initially pretty psych'd about that, but seeing as how he didn't know the screen type on the DX2, he probably really doesn't have a clue about the 4G LTE roll-out either......
    You could have told him you lived in the North Pole and he probably would've tried to convince you there's 4G there. Anything for a sale.
    orchidsbloom likes this.

To avoid being "sold" to on current equipment I just tell them my contract isn't up for a while and I was just there to look at new stuff.

Some of the stuff you hear is pretty hilarious tho.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by D1andOnlyOmen View Post
    Dude, there's no way we're getting it by year end. We'd be on the coming soon map just like Iowa City and Davenport. My guess is we'll be one of the last rollouts. Heck they're still bragging about a new 3G tower they put in west of Urbandale that coincidentally caused my 3G reception to take a dive.

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Print out this page and go show them. If its canceled, nobody has told Verizon Yet.

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    ROM
    liquidsmooth

Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    Print out this page and go show them. If its canceled, nobody has told Verizon Yet.

guys guys guys there is proof on the verizon web sight to sign up for new info so these verizon sales people are just being sales people and trying to get you to give up on the sickest phone in the world and buy something now.

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    ROM
    liquidsmooth

Quote Originally Posted by Workodactyl View Post
    I went to a Verizon store the other night after a meeting, I had some extra time so I thought I check an X2 to see the new screen. The rep pointed me to the X1 and says here's the X2. I noted the the camera button on the side and the fact that it said X1 on the panel next to the phone. The rep retorted, 'they're the same exact phone.'

I said 'not really. show me the thunderbolt, I'd like to see this 4G speed' he forgot the password to unlock the phone... so I left. Oh I did inquire to the Bionic and he said he hadn't even heard of it and doesn't think a phone like that would come out soon.

It's just a job to them, they could care less about the phone. Probably going to school for something else or trying to earn a quick buck, but have no real interest in the matter. But that's how the world is sometimes. I'll probably preorder the Bionic anyways so i won't have to dance with these clowns on the release day.
    i have been trying to get a job with verizon retail or bestbuy mobile forever i love phones and tec and i cant even get a job in tec and all the stores i go into nobody has a clue what there doing it pisses me off that these guys just fall into these jobs
    pwninobrlan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard9114 View Post
    i have been trying to get a job with verizon retail or bestbuy mobile forever i love phones and tec and i cant even get a job in tec and all the stores i go into nobody has a clue what there doing it pisses me off that these guys just fall into these jobs
    They have no interest in hiring knowledgeable people, they just want people who will do and say what they are told.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard9114 View Post
    guys guys guys there is proof on the verizon web sight to sign up for new info so these verizon sales people are just being sales people and trying to get you to give up on the sickest phone in the world and buy something now.
    I bet these reps would have trouble even finding the Verizon website, I guarantee none of them have any desire to go there and read anything. Additionally, they are given NO information and told to push whatever is on the shelves.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast