Two Verizon employees said Bionic was scrapped.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So I was up at my VZW store getting my wife's Droid 2 downgraded to an Iphone 4. Yes, I know, shoot me now. She just wanted it because "There are so many cute cases for it". They asked if I was getting one too. I told them I am waiting for the Bionic to finally come out and the guy said he had just heard that they had scrapped that phone and are no longer going to make it. i asked another sales lady about it and she said the same thing. Now, i don't believe them for one second but I will be sure to order mine from one of those two employees when it does finally come out and see if they remember our conversation.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
There was a post on another thread from a guy who went to verizon last weekend with his droid 3 to look for some accessories. The reps told him the droid 3 wasn't out yet and tried to convince him that the droid 3 he had was actually a droid 2. that says everything you need to know about verizon reps.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was talking to a Verizon rep on the phone yesterday and she was trying to a factory reset on my phone remotely when my phone wouldn't even power on... and yes she was doing this while the battery was out. I wouldn't believe a word they tell you.

Reactions: shipwrestler125
Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I was talking to a Verizon rep on the phone yesterday and she was trying to a factory reset on my phone remotely when my phone wouldn't even power on... and yes she was doing this while the battery was out. I wouldn't believe a word they tell you.

hahah good old verizon that sounds like something the rep would try and do. One time I went in and they were looking at my phone because I was getting reboots and I had rom manager and superuser on it and the lady asked what rom manager was and the guy rep was like I think it is something all your apps go to. I just smiled and said thats exactly what it is.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I actually had a guy at Best Buy tonight tell me the Bionic was scrapped too. Weird. I'm not sure where they get all this misinformation from. I also went to a non-corporate Verizon store and the guy there told me that there was going to be, and I quote, "a phone that dual booted both Android and iOS and was being made by Apple to run on the Android network." Seriously, this statement was so ridiculous that I could not be making this up. I told the guy there was so much wrong with that statement that I didn't know where to begin. I asked him when did Android get its own network. All he said was that this mystical, magical phone (that Steve Jobs would never sign off on, ever) was coming in the next couple months. I said thank you for making my night with just one comment and left before I said something I was going to regret. Wow. Just wow. :D

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I actually had a guy at Best Buy tonight tell me the Bionic was scrapped too. Weird. I'm not sure where they get all this misinformation from. I also went to a non-corporate Verizon store and the guy there told me that there was going to be, and I quote, "a phone that dual booted both Android and iOS and was being made by Apple to run on the Android network." Seriously, this statement was so ridiculous that I could not be making this up. I told the guy there was so much wrong with that statement that I didn't know where to begin. I asked him when did Android get its own network. All he said was that this mystical, magical phone (that Steve Jobs would never sign off on, ever) was coming in the next couple months. I said thank you for making my night with just one comment and left before I said something I was going to regret. Wow. Just wow. :D

That is what they were told months ago that the bionic was scrapped and never were reinformed that it was indeed actually coming. Because of all verizon would never risk leaks getting out so they keep their workers in the dark.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Im not even that knowledgeable about phones but I always feel like I know more than the reps. Asking them questions about devices that I know they dont know the answer to.

"does this phones browser have Flash support?"
------"yes! this phone has a really good flash"
"does the front camera (DInc2) work for video chat apps, like skype?"
------"I dont know about Skype but I know it does FaceTime for sure"

the list goes on.

If i had more dough to play around with I'd wait for the Bionic for sure.. unless it gets the Bing treatment or other stupid verizon idea added to it. thank goodness for these forums.

tbssawd07

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes Verizon reps recently sold my friend the Charge and told him it was the original Bionic and it had a dual core processor LOL! My friend is not tech savy at all. The guy also tells him "Bro its Samsung their the best! They make tv's!"

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So I was up at my VZW store getting my wife's Droid 2 downgraded to an Iphone 4. Yes, I know, shoot me now. She just wanted it because "There are so many cute cases for it". They asked if I was getting one too. I told them I am waiting for the Bionic to finally come out and the guy said he had just heard that they had scrapped that phone and are no longer going to make it. i asked another sales lady about it and she said the same thing. Now, i don't believe them for one second but I will be sure to order mine from one of those two employees when it does finally come out and see if they remember our conversation.

Just them being good salespeople. Why would they want to sell you on a phone that you MIGHT come back for (could find a better deal online, or go to another store, etc) when they could just sell you on a phone they actually have in stock that day. Salespeople sell the products they have in stock, that's kinda their job. ;)

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I went to a Verizon store the other night after a meeting, I had some extra time so I thought I check an X2 to see the new screen. The rep pointed me to the X1 and says here's the X2. I noted the the camera button on the side and the fact that it said X1 on the panel next to the phone. The rep retorted, 'they're the same exact phone.'

I said 'not really. show me the thunderbolt, I'd like to see this 4G speed' he forgot the password to unlock the phone... so I left. Oh I did inquire to the Bionic and he said he hadn't even heard of it and doesn't think a phone like that would come out soon.

It's just a job to them, they could care less about the phone. Probably going to school for something else or trying to earn a quick buck, but have no real interest in the matter. But that's how the world is sometimes. I'll probably preorder the Bionic anyways so i won't have to dance with these clowns on the release day.

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Just them being good salespeople. Why would they want to sell you on a phone that you MIGHT come back for (could find a better deal online, or go to another store, etc) when they could just sell you on a phone they actually have in stock that day. Salespeople sell the products they have in stock, that's kinda their job. ;)

Selling what you have in stock is being a good salesperson. Knowingly lying about a future product is not.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had VZW reps asking ME about the Bionic and when it will be released LOL. Do not put a lot of trust into what they know until about a week before the expected release date as a good rule of thumb.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I was at a VZW corporate store last week and was comparing the SAMOLED screen on the DROID Charge to the qHD pentile screen on the DX2 (wanted to see for myself why all the hate for the pentile, doesn't seem THAT bad IMO...) but the rep I was talking to, who just happened to have a nice little "FLOOR MANAGER" tag hanging around his neck, proceeded to tell me that the DX2 was NOT a qHD screen, but only 800x480. He had also let me know prior to this that even though the maps don't show my area (Des Moines, IA) being slated for 4G LTE this year (while smaller markets around us already have it - grrrrrrrr), that we will in fact be getting it by the end of this year. I was initially pretty psych'd about that, but seeing as how he didn't know the screen type on the DX2, he probably really doesn't have a clue about the 4G LTE roll-out either...... :'(

UNC_Bball

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I was at a VZW corporate store last week and was comparing the SAMOLED screen on the DROID Charge to the qHD pentile screen on the DX2 (wanted to see for myself why all the hate for the pentile, doesn't seem THAT bad IMO...) but the rep I was talking to, who just happened to have a nice little "FLOOR MANAGER" tag hanging around his neck, proceeded to tell me that the DX2 was NOT a qHD screen, but only 800x480. He had also let me know prior to this that even though the maps don't show my area (Des Moines, IA) being slated for 4G LTE this year (while smaller markets around us already have it - grrrrrrrr), that we will in fact be getting it by the end of this year. I was initially pretty psych'd about that, but seeing as how he didn't know the screen type on the DX2, he probably really doesn't have a clue about the 4G LTE roll-out either...... :'(

You could have told him you lived in the North Pole and he probably would've tried to convince you there's 4G there. Anything for a sale.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
To avoid being "sold" to on current equipment I just tell them my contract isn't up for a while and I was just there to look at new stuff.

Some of the stuff you hear is pretty hilarious tho.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

sean67854

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Dude, there's no way we're getting it by year end. We'd be on the coming soon map just like Iowa City and Davenport. My guess is we'll be one of the last rollouts. Heck they're still bragging about a new 3G tower they put in west of Urbandale that coincidentally caused my 3G reception to take a dive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers